The Head of Retail Sales is responsible for leading store teams in driving sales, brand loyalty, providing exceptional customer service as well as recruiting and developing top retail talent. This position has full accountability for the key financial results of the stores and is responsible for the overall leadership and development of the retail stores by building an independent, high-performing team that is dedicated to achieving results and supporting company strategies.
The Manager reports directly to the Director.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years experience as a specialty retail store manager in relevant traffic, volume and unit intensity.
- Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Excellent customer engagement, talent development, visual presentation and operational skills.
Business Knowledge and Critical Skills:
- Operates with a strategic mindset Proven track record of selecting high-performing talent and ability to develop compelling development plans.
- Able to articulately and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers effectively.
- Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex financial reports.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite of applications and ability to adapt to additional internal applications. Facilitate and present programs, processes and concepts to groups Has broad knowledge and perspective of retail landscape.
- Can inspire and motivate associates, managers and entire teams
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; climb ladder, lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- The head of Sales has the primary role of leading the sales department, overseeing activities of the junior and senior professionals and monitoring performance as a whole.
- Create and maintain a diverse, high-performing store team through consistent selection, development and motivation.
- Drive results by recruiting and developing high performing teams using all available resources to interview, hire and retain top talent for key positions in store and region.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and overall direction of accountabilities to meet store and Company goals.
- Effectively communicates goals and monitors the progress of team members against key business initiatives .
- Works closely with the analytics department in processing relevant data and information, translating it into actionable strategies that drive fundraising and lead to achievement of goals. Monthly reporting on Sales performance against budget and reporting on variance.
- Partner with Loss Prevention to ensure adherence to Loss Prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving store shrink goals.
- Manage scheduling that maximizes staffing to most effectively meet the needs of the business and drive store profitability while leveraging payroll.
- Directs the planning and execution of floor sets in an efficient manner while following Company guidelines and encouraging collaboration of ideas amongst team members.
- Partner with Loss Prevention to ensure adherence to Loss prevention policies and procedures and proactively identify trends that support achieving store shrink goals.
- Working on Inventorymanagement plans with the category managers.