Manager Legal Affairs
Department: Legal Affairs
Reports to: Head of Legal Affairs
The ideal candidate should:
Hold a LLB/LLM degree.
Have 6 to 8 years of relevant working experience in Contract drafting and negotiation. Experience in handling litigation preferable.
· Assist the Head of Legal department with legal matters including the planning, organizing, and managing of work activities assigned to staff in legal department;
· Coordinate and liaise with department peers on projects/assignments and ensure smooth/timely delivery of legal advice/input;
· Draft and respond to legal notices and also prepare other legal documents;
· Ensure safeguarding of Company’s legal interests, suggest and implement improvement in: (a) corporate transactional work; (b) vetting / negotiating commercial contracts;
· Provide legal advice/assistance to internal Departments on matters relating to business of the Company;
· Review draft various Agreements, MOUs, financing documents; inter alia, Commercial Agreements, Service Agreements, Lease Agreements, Contractual Employment Agreements, Consultancy Agreements, Supply Agreements, MoUs, NDAs, Bank Guarantees, Addendums, Amendments, LOIs, LCs, Supplements, Undertakings, Affidavits and other documents received mainly from Project Teams, Investments, Marketing, Procurement including Technical Procurement, Sales, Supply Chain, HR/Admin (sensitive docs. like suspension/termination letters etc.) and Security departments;
· Draft written statements/Para-wise comments/applications etc. for courts related documents in litigious matters;
· Liaise with external counsel on pending litigations, attend court hearings and maintain updates of court cases;
· Review/drafts letters and notices related to Contractual issues;
· Draft legal opinions on legal issues;
· Research on all legal matters and draft legal research memos.
Lucky Cement Limited (LCL) is Pakistans largest producer and leading exporter of quality cement with the production capacity of 7.75 million tons per annum. The Company is listed on Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad and London Stock Exchanges. Over the years, the Company has grown substantially and is expa ...Read More