The 100-acre LUMS campus is located in Lahore, the 2nd largest city in Pakistan, rich in history and cultural diversity. The campus, which is 20 minutes away from the international airport, offers a vibrant life full of cultural, literary and other social activities.
Summer is the best time of the year to roll up one’s sleeves, relax and chase one’s dreams. This is the time when one can add to the bucket of skills essentially required to become a successful adult.
Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is happy to announce the most exciting Summer School @LUMS where education is teaming up with enjoyment. Aimed at smart girls and boys aged between 14 to 18 years, the Summer School will challenge a group of 200 students to explore, learn and enjoy as they venture into the most exhilarating experience of their life.
The Summer School @LUMS promises to provide the students a unique opportunity to learn interesting new skills, engage in a wide variety of sports, adventurous activities, creative endeavours, literature workshops, analytical engagements as well as exhilarating excursions.
The Summer School aims to inspire individuals to not only explore their abilities and interests, but to enhance them through reputable, accomplished professionals who are experts in their respective fields.
- The instructor must be able to teach the students on: · Presentation Skills, which includes:
- Making your presentation convincing
- Tips on making surprising presentation
- Using the right kind of visuals, making ideas compelling and memorable.
- Overcoming fear of public speaking and developing great delivery among students
- Handling questions and answers with ease
- Remembering the basic purpose of the presentation - to inform
- Building Self-confidence
- Public Speaking Skills: argument delivery, speech writing, conducting analysis and research on topics, body language.
- An understanding among the students regarding their attitude towards public speaking and developing the appreciation for the characteristics of effective presenters
- Goal Setting and self-assessments
- Planning and prioritizing
- A foundation on achieving goals and creating a work/life balance
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to handle a class upto 50 students
- Pleasant Personality
- Positive attitude