Pool Administration Officer will be responsible for supervising and administering activities at the swimming pool in order to provide best services to the pool users.
- Prepare all work schedules for employees ensuring all necessary pool staff is on duty at all times while the pool is open.
- Plan and develop swimming programs to ensure maximum benefit of the facility for the LUMS community.
- Plan and organize pool related activities.
- Develop a schedule for pool timings catering for community swims, coaching sessions and other activities at the acquatic centre.
- Supervise the pool facility and staff on duty and make sure all safety standards are followed and complied with.
- Plan and coordinate involvement in HEC Intervarsity, national and provincial swimming events. Coordinate an active community relations campaign to promote pool programs and activities.
- Ensure employees under direct supervision are properly trained and engaged in their duties.
- Assist the head of department in preparation of the pool budget and monitor the spending accordingly.
- Maintain and update pool user data and prepare monthly usage reports.
- Maintain documentation and office files.
- Carry out regular chemical analysis of the water and take water quality samples.
- Make adjustment to chlorine levels as required.
- Ensure lobby, changing rooms and deck area are clean and maintained.
- Inspect facilities regularly to ensure safety standards are maintained.
- Conduct swimming sessions in the absence of pool staff.
- Act as a lifeguard when required and manage first aid.
- Hold bi-monthly training & safety meetings with all employees under the supervision of the head of department.
- Compile, record and share daily input and output data of users and report with the Head of department.
- Enforce and ensure swimming pool rules and regulations are followed by all staff and community.
- Supervise and ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness of the pool facility including but not limited to bathrooms and pool vacuuming for a minimum of 2 times per week or more as needed.
- Process PRs with the approval of head of department when supplies are needed and if equipment requires repair.
- Check all gates and doors during closing time.
- Other related duties as assigned by the head of department.
Official working days:
Official working days will be six days a week from Monday to Saturday or Sunday. The shift timings may vary from morning to evening shift as required.
Must be on poolside at least 15 minutes before starting his/her shift. Inform the head of department in case of late arrival.
- Team leadership and management skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Decision making ability.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets.
- Stress & time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Available to work weekends/holidays.
- Enthusiastic / Motivated
- Flexible to work weekends/holidays.