REPORTS: Executive Housekeeper / Room Division Manager
The Assistant Executive Housekeeper supervises and coordinates activities of room attendant, house attendant, public area cleaners and floor supervisors. He assists in managing and directing of the day–to–day operations of all Housekeeping and laundry functions.
Participates in and enforces quality assurance for Housekeeping Department and department cost control measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Obtains the list of vacant rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective checkouts or discharges in order to prepare work assignments.
· Assigns duties to staff and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
· Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to room boys.
· Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
· Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
· Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public & staff, corridors, hallways, entrances, elevators etc.
· Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
· Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
· Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
· Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
· Advises manager, and front desk personnel of rooms ready for occupancy.
· Print all housekeeping related reports and traces from PMS.
· Assists in controlling expenses by the housekeeping department.
· Confirms all housekeeping staff members have arrived or find substitutes for absent employees.
· Maintains high quality of housekeeping standards in: 1) the guest rooms 2) linens and uniforms 3) lost and found procedures 4) laundry and 5) public area.
· Coordinates with vendors’ e.g: Pest control, Laundry services and other outsource services.
· Attends to any guest complaints and take service recovery measures, if required.
· Review the housekeeping points on the guest feedback forms, take actions on guest complaints and also share guest compliments with staff members.
· Assists in preparing annual housekeeping budget.
· Submits requests for repair and periodic maintenance of cleaning equipment.
· Prepares store requisition, purchase other supplies and equipment, also monitor par stock on all housekeeping guest supplies and linens.
Other Routine Responsibilities:
· Coordinates with the front office and sending room discrepancy lists.
· Assists in hiring and train qualified housekeeping candidates.
· Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, time cards, and prepares periodic reports. May prepare reports concerning room occupancy, and department expenses.
· Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss the company’s policies and complaints, and to give recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
· Orient and familiarize new personnel with hotel facilities and operating hours.
· Controls all expenditures relating to Housekeeping, including labor, guest room supplies, and all cleaning supplies and equipment.
· Oversees any guest communications from housekeeping.
Education: Hotel management diploma or equivalent. Reads and understands instructions, safety rules. Good at report writing and also in communication with foreigners. Familiarizes with software or PMS etc.
Experience: Minimum 7 to 10 years of housekeeping, in which 2 years on the same role or in a supervisory capacity, 2 years of line-level experience in all aspects of the Housekeeping department.