REPORTS TO: Directors
As a purchasing manager, one should work with suppliers to negotiate contracts for the purchase of required goods and keep accurate records of transactions trends.
Also assists the Finance and Operational Departments in monitoring, reporting and controlling of Cost of Sales in the hotel, including audit and control, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, forecasting etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implement sound purchasing policies, systems and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
· Monitor vendors for quality, service and price through standard purchasing specifications.
· Obtain competitive quotations for hotel requirements and ensure that the best product is sourced and purchased.
· Calls for quotations for any items costing more than a certain amount (as per company policy) and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
· A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
· Establish contracts to ensure reduced pricing for all operating areas of the hotel.
· Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
· Ensures that all orders receiving dates are updated according to the suppliers promised delivery dates.
· Ensures that all authorized or approved purchase orders are sent to their respective suppliers/vendors for delivery purposes on a daily basis.
· Ensures & verifies that quotations are regularly updated and supplier’s new current price lists are maintained.
· Ensure the efficient operation of the Purchasing Department in all aspects.
· Make inquiries and identify new products and services for the hotel in the market.
· Obtains written approval for established Minimum/Maximum stock levels by the Store & Finance Department and Director.
· Checks and explains delivered items discrepancy report issued by cost control regarding price and quantity order variances.
· Verify the 'pending orders' report on a daily basis, and all pending orders are checked and verified regularly.
· On a daily basis prepare the list of to be canceled orders and sent to accounts for deletion, with appropriate reasons.
· Identifies items for standing orders utilizing vendor's logistics for regular deliveries to the hotel based on approved highly consumed items.
· Ensures the validity of items available, force issue obsolete items and follows up on action taken for disposal.
· Verifies that all documentation and proper quotations are maintained and filed according to Policy and Procedure requirements.
· Responsible for all administrative functions of the Materials Department, staffing, training and execution of other related duties.
· Responsible for all purchasing functions, quotations, quality and availability.
· Spot-checks entered system quotations, period validity quotes locked by, etc.
· Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to the hygiene of goods delivered.
· Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
· Liaison with the Purchase Coordinator, Receiving Clerk, Stores Supervisor and Cost Controller.
· Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
· Willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
Strong negotiating and closing skills required, along with a demonstrated ability to develop negotiation strategies for complex activities. Ability to evaluate legal and business risks & ramifications of proposed contractual terms. Consistently offer professional, engaging and friendly service.
Graduate or diploma in business studies or MBA in Supply chain with good knowledge of MS office and Materials management software (MMS)
Minimum 7 to 10 years of verified experience with 2 to 4 years on the same position with expertise in the Hotel and Catering industry.