Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
The Market Development Facility (MDF) is an Australian Government-funded initiative that utilises a market systems development approach to connect with private and public sectors players with the ability and leverage to trigger lasting systemic change and create broad-based, sustainable pro-poor growth. MDF can be scaled-up to support further market development activities in country and in additional countries as needed.
MDF is a multi-country facility, currently operating in five countries: Fiji, Timor-Leste, Papua New Guinea, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Each country has its own country team on the ground, with a Core Leadership Team headed up by the Chief Executive Officer providing strategic, technical and managerial oversight across all MDF partner countries.
The purpose of this job is to assist and support all operational activities related to the operations department according to MDF policies and procedures in Lahore office.
- Coordinate day to day logistics while ensuring that communications, lodging, cars and drivers adhere to the MDF logistics procedures and protocols.
- Assist Operations Administrator in Inventory record maintenance and management.
- Carry out front office responsibilities such as reception of visitors, telephone calls etc.
- Coordinate and facilitate direction to support staff i.e. cleaners, drivers and cook.
- Serve as the facilities specialist, travel coordinator, and other operations roles as and when required.
- Check vehicle log books weekly and coordinate for vehicle maintenance (e.g. car wash services, tire service, fuel, oil change, etc.)
- Create purchase requests for stationary and grocery supplies when required, ensuring adequate supplies of regular items are maintained at all times.
- Communicate with vendors (vehicle, office equipment) for timely assistance required from them.
- Assist Operations Administrator on ongoing procurement management of assets, including documentation of required specifications, procurement, maintenance and disposal for the MDF country office in line with MDF procurement policies.
- Perform other duties as required, which are deemed necessary as directed by the Operations Administrator.
- Minimum of Bachelor's in management, administration or related degree from university.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct, relatable experience in an operation role.
- Practical knowledge and experience in use of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word documents).
- Working knowledge of telephone exchange, office equipment, including desktop/laptop computer, photo copier, scanner, etc.
- Experience of handling front desk and associated administration responsibilities an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to train and be trained.
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks, at times with rigid timelines for completion, without sacrificing quality.
- Organized and timely with completion of tasks and scheduling.
- Ability to independently plan and manage work streams.
- Excellent command of English and Urdu, both verbal and written