Deputy General Manager - Fleet Operations will lead the Operations team to manage, supervise and operate the company’s trucking fleet. He will direct and supervise fleet deployment and dispatch plans, achieve fleet P&L and operational goals and coordinate fleet allocations with clients. He would be responsible to supervise and ensure fleet operational KPI’s & HSE goals are met, implement and execute the strategic vision of the MG and achieve business sustainability goals. Prefer ability given to EX-Army person.
- He will lead the Operations team to manage, supervise and operate the company’s trucking fleet.
- He will direct and supervise fleet deployment and dispatch plans, achieve fleet P&L and operational goals and coordinate fleet allocations with clients.
- He would be responsible to supervise and ensure fleet operational KPI’s & HSE goals are met, implement and execute the strategic vision of the company and achieve business sustainability goals.
General Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Manage truck fleet operations.
- Supervise and coordinate fleet deployment and allocation.
- Achieve Fleet P&L and operational targets/ KPI’s.
- Meeting customer & company transportation goals.
- Develop new business plans.
- Establish, manage and control Fleet Management budget and KPIs.
- Manage Asset availability verses operational requirements.
- Manage driver and vehicle availability and performance.
- Coordinate vehicle tracking and communication with drivers to ensure OTIF arrivals.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Dept. to ensure vehicle maintenance and sustainability.
- Maintain operational, performance and maintenance records for the fleet.
- Ensure safety of vehicles, equipment and HR and ensure safe, environmentally sound and compliant operations.
- Formulate, recommend, and administer policies and procedures governing fleet operations and driver training.
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and training to the Operations team.
- Maintain regulatory compliance with all company, client and government rules and policies (i.e. operations, personnel, HSSE).
- Make recommendations for procurement of new vehicles and equipment.
- Supervise budget /cost control exercise pertaining to and trucking operations and fuel/maintenance costs.
- Recommend additions or deletions to fleet; scheduling expenditures; analyzing driver performance.
- Make recommendations to HR Dept. on recruitment, training, leaves, reprimand and termination of drivers and operations staff.
- Min. 8-10 yrs experience in similar supervisory role in transportation management and deep understanding of fleet operations and the logistics/ transportation industry.