We are looking for a driven, knowledgeable biochemist to assist our team in research and experiments in an effort to better understand how chemical processes affect life forms. The biochemist will design and execute experiments, record and analyze data, and present or make recommendations based on findings. You may also supervise a team of researchers or assistants, design facilities or equipment, and work with software applications to compile and analyze information. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of scientific concepts, laboratory tools, and data recording.
To succeed as a Lab Technologist , you should be detail-oriented and focused. You should be collaborative, organized, thorough, and willing to comply with all quality and safety controls.
You should be able to suggest and establish Quality Controls and standards.
Lab Technologist Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with other department members to design and conduct experiments and record findings.
- Studying the functions, chemical processes, and composition of living organisms.
- Identifying & selecting best equipment or facilities to use for experiments or research.
- Presenting findings to all hierarchical levels.
- Solving complex problems with materials, technology, or processes to improve the overall quality of work or achieve the desired outcome.
- Hiring, training, motivating, and coaching staff members and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s in biology, chemistry, or related field.
- More education, experience, or specialization may be preferred.
- Familiarity with laboratory testing, data recording practices, and safety procedures.
- Strong understanding of scientific concepts and biological processes.
- Ability to train, motivate, coach, and lead a team of other researchers and research assistants.
- Excellent problem solving, verbal and written communication, project and resource management, and computer skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail, especially when multitasking.
- Ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and present findings to laypersons.
- Willingness to comply with all safety and quality controls.