M. Designs Architects is an award-winning architectural firm based in Palo Alto, California, USA.
Our Firm is growing and we are in search of a Director of Finance to guide the financial systems that empower our growth. We are searching for a young, high-energy, experienced individual to join our team of high-performing professionals to help keep our finances insightful and instrumental to our continued growth. The position will be both hands-on with day-to-day tactical accounting activity and focus on strategic planning to grow the firm. As a member of our senior management, he or she will be comfortable in a leadership role that demands clear communication and strong presentation skills.
Objectives of this Role:-
· Responsible, for all cash management, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting helping to drive the company’s financial strategy and business operations hiring needs
· Coordinate the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
· Ensure cash flow is compatible with the company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization
· Lead the development and use of best-practice policies, practices, and tools that ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organization with strong fiscal management, project management, cross-team communications, and workflow
· Work with corporate CPA and counsel to comply with federal, state, and local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing compliance, and taking action accordingly
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:-
· Work with the senior management to efficiently develop budgets and provide access to project finance information
· Analyze contracts, project profitability, and keep senior management and project management teams informed and recommend corrective actions to ensure project profitability
· Research revenue opportunities, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process enhancement
· Oversee HR function, coordinating with external service providers (payroll, benefits, and general HR) and internal staff responsible for various aspects of HR
· Monitor account receivable and accounts payables, take corrective actions promptly for any A/R delays.
· Manage finance personnel and oversee financial IT systems, ensuring compliance with all applicable State Tax authorities, Internal Revenue Service, and other relevant regulators
· Manage relationship with vendors
· Respond to client financial enquires promptly and courteously.
· Manage accounting staff and ensure billing, invoicing, and reconciliation are done on time.
· Yearly bonus based on company performance and individual performance, fuel allowance, and other allowance TBD
· Paid 2 weeks business trip to the USA once a year (provided USA Visa is secured)
Skills and Qualifications:-
· Master’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
· 5+ years’ experience in leadership positions
· Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity
· Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
· Understanding of advanced accounting, regulatory issues, and tax planning
· Willing to work from 5 pm to 1 am at least 4 days a week.