We are seeking qualified and highly motivated applicants for [Meal & Support Officer]; the position will be based in [Islamabad with frequent field visits].
The overall objective of the position is to provide support, organization, and direction for the coordination team and field teams, based on the General Coordinator’s directives.
The position aims at enhancing quality monitoring and evaluation system of MdM programs in Pakistan. He/she will be responsible for all M&E related program activities including data and information management, capacity building and providing technical M&E leadership for all program areas. He will act as a mobile Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning agent of the programs activities and plans, based on the General Coordinator’s instructions, and in connection with the other coordinators.
In addition, this position represents a key actor in ensuring adequate coordination within the mission and with external actors (authorities, partners, organizations etc.).
A. Liaison responsibilities with external actors
-Assist different departments in drafting MOUs/NoCs with partners, governmental agencies etc.; keep the record of the MOUs/NoCs and ensure their right and adequate implementation by following up on them with the different stakeholders on a regular basis;
-Based on the General coordinator’s precise instructions, and in coordination with other coordinators to avoid duplication and ensure coherence of messaging, ct as a contact person with governmental agencies,other INGOs, and as a liaison officer; conduct monthly meeting with key INGOs and key government institutions representatives, community leaders, tribal leaders, etc.;
- Provide the General Coordinator with weekly briefs of the Pakistani context, (economic, social, security, etc.) and on the status of similar INGO working in the country by establishing bonds with INGOs representatives and by monitoring the media (TV, newspaper, social media etc.);
B. Assist the General coordinator in his coordination mission
- Support other coordinators in drafting key documents, reports, and procedures when asked by the General Coordinator (the support can be: execution, assistance, counseling, piloting, or follow up);
- Participate in meetings, forums, conferences and preparing relative reports when asked to;
- Provide support in the process of information collection/consolidation that is necessary to review the security package (risk assessment, emergency preparedness and response etc.); and provide support in the implementation of the package on the directions of by the General coordinator, and in coordination with the Logistics and Security coordinator;
- Design, implement and upgrade a communication matrix emphasizing who, when and what to communicate and how;
- Act as a communication liaison agent between the departments of the mission based on the General coordinator’s instructions;
- Any other task as might be requested by the General Coordinator.
C. Monitor, Evaluate, Ensure the Accountability and Learning of the activities and mission
C.1 Data collection and information management
- Manage the generation, collection, analysis, and dissemination of data and information of the programs, through the set-up of a MEAL System that incorporates basic standards, tools designing, evaluations and assessment along with guidelines as well as standards promulgated by SPHERE, Code of Conduct, SMART principles
- Review and facilitate the development of electronic and paper-based monitoring system and manage the program information database in line with MdM requirements and system (MONITOOL).
- Develop, implement and manage evaluation plans for the MdM program and its implementing partners as required.
-Execute monitoring and audit missions and evaluations as assigned by the General coordinator, and participate in investigations and inquiries if asked to;
- Generate monthly program progress reports, newsletter, communication materials etc. and tracking progress against key indicators for KP and Punjab program and keep the coordination and field team informed on a regular basis.
- Prepare timely and high-quality reports for internal and external (donors) purposes. Discuss and follow up on program emerging issues and action plans for recommendations with the field team.
- Assist in drafting proposals, concept notes when needed;
C.3 Capacity Building
- Plan and provide training to program teams to use data collection tools and techniques and undertake systematic monthly data analysis, interpretation and feedback using the data collected, including ongoing on the job support,
- Provide support for continuous improvement in MEAL setup through analysis of the existing system and carry out the necessary capacity building sessions for MEAL staff
- Assist in designing and delivering training material related to programs and operations management, as well as internal and external communication materials;
C.4 Accountability and Quality
- Implement and manage accountability to beneficiaries mechanism using already established mechanism of a hotline and real-time assessment;
-Ensure that beneficiary feedback is adequately captured, analyzed, and utilized by the program team; Consolidate complaint response mechanism, action plan tracker and monitoring checklists databases on the monthly and quarterly basis.
D. Team Management
- Directly supervise the MEAL assistant
- Conduct appraisal of the staff/team under his/her direct responsibility
- Organize in collaboration with the programme coordinator, regular program analysis and evaluation to be shared with the coordination and program team.
Behavioral Flexibility, Analytical Thinking, Service Orientation, Initiative and Innovation, Complexity and Stress Management Teamwork and Cooperation, Capacity to Negotiate, Creative Thinking, Cultural Awareness and Apprehension, Strategic planning and Vision.
Languages & Skills
· Excellent communication skills in English & Urdu
· Excellent Writing and reporting skills