Medical Emergency Resilience Foundation (MERF) is a non-governmental, independent and non for profit humanitarian organization founded in 2015. MERF is established to provide vital health care and medical relief for vulnerable people in areas of natural disaster, conflict, disease outbreak and health systems collapse. MERF acts regardless of race, gender, religious or political affiliation.
MERF operations are run by the employees and professionals, all of whom are highly motivated and committed to working flexibly toward the humanitarian aims and objectives of the organization and to the benefit of disadvantaged populations.
- MO/WMO is answerable to Medical Superintendent and, through him, to the Health services coordinator & Technical advisor.
- He/she will work under the supervision of in-charge of the unit.
- Will follow the departmental SOPs.
- Any other duty assigned to him by Medical/Clinical superintendent.
- Attends OPD, examines patients & either prescribes medicine or refers them to specialist for expert opinion or admission
- He will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the A&E Department through appropriate staff.
- He will call staff (Doctors, Administrative staff, nurses, Paramedics & drivers) in mass emergency situations with the support of health services coordinator.
- He will control ambulances attached to A&E for transportation of patients to and from hospital.
- He will resuscitate patients & either seek the advice of a specialist or the doctor on duty in the concerned unit or will admit the patient for observation in a specific ward according to the nature of the illness.
- He will maintain record of medico legal cases & will provide information to the police in a timely manner & will also attend the court whenever summoned.
- He/she will be present for the daily ward round.
- He/she will give presentation of his assigned patients in the morning round.
- He/she will document & carry out all the orders recommended for his patients in the round.
- He/she will prepare the discharge slips & will explain treatment & follow up plan with the discharge patients.
- He/she will remain physically present in the ward premises during his/her scheduled shift.
- He/she will perform OPD duties as per departmental protocols & duty roster.
- He/she will prepare OT list of consenting patients, preparation of patients for surgery or other procedures.
- He/she will assist specialists in OT.
- He/she will participate in departmental as well as hospital academic activities.
- He/she will remain on duty during public holidays as per duty roster.
- He/she will document & inform on call seniors about any unusual circumstances while on duty.
- He/she will be available in unforeseen circumstances to help his/her team.