• Create environment and team spirit for achieving financial and service level objectives.
• Achieve self-funding status of the branch by gradually creating a pool of deposits at affordable mix CALSA / SA / TD (Individuals & Corporate) and take full responsibility of the branch as a revenue center.
• Take full measures to ensure economy in expense and set standards of frugality to meet the dynamics of branch business.
• Act as a Deposit Banking Officer, manage the customer funds in most efficient manner and arrange approvals where required.
• Responsible for the functioning of branch in all aspects including operational and administrative functions so that customers must get uninterrupted banking services in a perfect ambiance.
• Organize work and deposit mobilization resources in such an efficient manner that everyone is productive enough for achieving overall targets of the branch.
• Keep the Head count of assigned Relationship Manager – Deposits intact all the time so that hiring firing process may not affect loss of business.
• Coordinate with Area Manager – Deposit Banking for road shows, feet on street, marketing activities under the leadership of Regional Manager – Deposit Banking
• Ensure head count planning with Relationship Manager – Deposit Banking required for onboarding Brand Ambassadors / Free Lancers
• Keep a close eye on activities of Relationship Manager and team of his free lancers so that no financial or repute loss is faced by MMBL in present or future.
• Manage the sales process in such a manner to exceed Deposit targets of branch with self-contribution and team efforts collectively as per desired product mix of CALSA / TD on monthly/quarterly/ yearly basis.
• Ensure to maintain daily NTBA run rate for increasing branch deposit base.
• Ensure the execution of financial/ functional transactions with utmost efficiency and retaining the integrity of the process for all the deposit customers.
• Keep close coordination with Operations for planning and execution of cash so as to ensure its optimum availability to meet the customer’s requirement without unnecessary delay and avoiding inactive/ non- productive cash holding.
• Arrange training for the deposit mobilization staff to build their professional and leadership potential.
• Undertake self-assessment on regular basis, accept the deposit relationships with due diligence to help the branch in meeting all the regulatory requirements, prepared for internal / external / SBP audits at any time.
• Take full responsibility of bank’s reputation in all functional areas, particularly the integrity of the human resource, information security, and financial transparency.
• Maintain the requisite MIS in the branch to monitor the daily productivity in deposit, withdrawal, number of transactions and record the error rate.
• Monitor the quality and service indicators at regular basis and ensure their improvement to meet the business objectives.
• Hold a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, economics or commerce from a reputable Institution. MBA will be preferable
• Have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in branch banking or especially 2 years in deposit mobilization team.
• Team management skills
• Analytical skills
• People Management skills
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Time management
• Motivational and Leadership skills
• Proficient in MS Office
• Proficient in core banking systems.
• Knowledge of MMBL’s products/processes and policies
• Understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements for each of the products
• Had been a part of Deposit Sales Team or preferably monitoring a Sales Team in bank.
Mobilink Microfinance Bank Limited (MMBL) is Pakistan's largest digital bank with over 20 million registered and 8 million active digital wallets. Backed by VEON Co., MMBL started operations in April 2012 and launched branch-less banking operations under the brand name JAZZCASH in partnership with Pakistan's largest telecom operator JAZZ in Nov 2012. Being a hybrid model that combines traditional micro finance with mobile / digital banking technologies, the bank now operates with 74 branches, with more than 1559 employees, a network of over 90000 branch-less banking agents (growing) and a USSD (GSM) based digital channel in the country offering savings, micro enterprise (MSME) loans, small housing loans, remittances, collection (of utility bills and loan installments), mobile wallets, insurance, G2P, B2B & B2P payments and thus playing a leading role in promotion of financial inclusion. Despite being a young bank, Mobilink bank has emerged as one of the front runners in the sector and achieved financial break-even within four years of commencing operations in 2016, one of the fastest in the industry. Financial performance of the Bank has been remarkable in 2016, 2017 and 2018 Mobilink Bank & JAZZ, under the brand name JAZZCASH, envision to become market leaders in branchless banking, digital banking and micro financial services offering simple, innovative and value added products and services to the people of Pakistan. MMBL game plan aims at taking banking from confines of limited number of brick and mortar structures to cell phones and thus make a significant contribution in banking the unbanked through digital channels. The Bank so far has financed over 500,000 individual micro and small businesses since inception of the Bank in 2012 and is the proud recipient of “Bank of the Unbanked Award” in 2018 and 2019.