Our company is currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our fast-paced accounting and finance team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of month end closing procedures, will work closely with the rest of the accounting team to develop and train them on new policies and procedures, and will be familiar with US GAAP practices.
The Senior Accountant reports to the US based Controller. Maintains and controls the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for accounting issues and work well in a collaborative team environment. Additionally, candidate should be highly detail oriented, organized and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise highly preferred. Experience with a US based accounting environment preferred.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
· Assist the Controller with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department.
· Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables.
· Prepare month end reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts; investigating and explaining any variances or unreconciled items.
· Provide detailed analyses and explanations of transactions
· Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Prepare general journal entries.
· Participate in Ad Hoc projects (Updating the Accounting Manual, PTO tracking, etc.).
· Prepare 1099s (US based tax form).
· Assist with miscellaneous tax filings.
· Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommend changes.
· Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
· Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
· Assist in the preparation of documentation for external auditors.
· Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.