Responsible to: Programme Coordinator as direct line manager and to Country Office Finance Manager as technical/ supporting line management.
Responsible for: Overall Financial management and reporting of KP office with coordination of Country office’s Finance department.
Purpose of the Post: The purpose of this role is to provide timely, accurate financial information and ensure that grants expenditures are in line with specific MAP/donor requirements. Oversees finance/accounting operations at the project level ensuring consistency in management of financial resources with organisation’s policies and procedures.
The position role is to support the Humanitarian Programs in order to achieve accountability and transparency in use of funds.
• Maintain and store all the records in line with MAP document management.
• Comply with all HR & Admin policies and procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate MA values in line with MA vision and mission and accountability in every official action.
• demonstrate duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
1. Implement all internal policies in the entire project finance cycle
2. Responsible for the effective Finance digital data management system
3. Maintain effective and efficient oversight, quality control and reporting systems and processes that ensure regular budget monitoring and modifications as required.
4. Responsible for closing of monthly project accounts
5. Supervises the preparation of the monthly payments/expenses before forwarding them to Country Office
6. Follow-up tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time
7. Liaison with banks for account opening and account maintenance
8. Ensure prompt & swift processing of vendor payments, staff advance and ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done
9. Ensure sufficient cash in the bank and in the cash boxes
10. Briefs new staff members or staff assigned to the Field on finance matters
11. Participate in Procurement Committee meeting for any procurement related matters, if required.
12. Ensure that feedback systems are in place for appropriate identification, responses and follow-up for all financial matters.
13. Assist and support in Internal & external audits and spot checks by Country office, HQ, or Donor agencies
14. Undertakes other duties as required.
Knowledge and Experience
a) Graduation with minimum 5 Years of experience in Accounts & Finance
b) Masters with minimum 2 years of experience in Accounts and Finance.
c) Tax rates and rules
d) Legal requirements related to INGs/ NGOs
e) Bank dealings
f) Organizational Policies & Procedures
g) 2 to 5 years in the field of Accounts and Finance (Minimum 2 years in the same role)
Skills and Abilities
· Proven ability to provide peer-to-peer support and coordination
· Stress management & Time management skills
· Analytical skills
· Computer (especially MS Office) proficiency
· A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to convey complex ideas to a novice audience.
· Good communications skills in Urdu, English and preferably Pashto
· Highly developed time management skills, including prioritization and meeting deadlines
· Accounting software
· Commitment to Muslim Aid’s mission, visions and values.
· Commitment to Muslim Aid’s ethos.
· Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
· Hard working and self-motivated.
· Accountable towards work and maintain transparency in HR matters
· Maintain confidentiality at every level