Purpose of the Post
The HR (Human Resources) Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction to human resource department aligned with country programmer's strategy, global strategy and local context.
S/he is responsible for managing the operations of HR department by making sure that, HR policies, procedures and initiatives are implemented across Muslim Aid Pakistan as per the department strategy.
S/he will be responsible for regularly reviewing all the relevant policies, procedures and practices and ensuring that these are consistently updated and implemented to enable MAP to work in an efficient manner and in compliance with Pakistan regulations.
- Create conducive work environment considering organization values and mission, vision statements and ensure staff’s assimilation with MA culture.
- Play an active lead role in effective management of organizational change, OD intervention, employee engagement and align it with organizations' future requirements.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for organization effectiveness and individual departments to meet organizational goals.
- Review, update, develop and implement personnel policies and procedures, including reviewing and maintaining staff handbook.
Recruitment & Selection
- Effectively manage and administer staff recruitment & selection process in order to ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and required advise/support is provided to the recruitment panel during the process.
- Ensure that all new starters are provided a formal orientation in to the organization and all the relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure all the required documentation for new starters are collected and maintained appropriately.
Compensation & Benefit Management
- Ensure that the compensation and benefits package and its administration is in line with the local labor law and any changes in legislation is reflected accordingly.
- Manage and regularly review compensation programmer, conduct salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget) and revise as necessary, in order to ensure that it is competitive.
- Ensure staff benefits (IPD/OPD, EOBI etc.) are administered effectively, including claims resolution, change reporting, annual re-evaluation of policies and its effectiveness.
Performance Management & Talent Management
- Implement Performance Management program in all offices of MAP in Pakistan with appropriate alignment to Talent processes, including tracking the identification and management of high performing talent and poor performers.
- Lead the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance appraisals are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Work with the leadership team to identify top talent and create development plans to address individual professional and career objectives.
- Develop guidelines and provide regular training/coaching to line managers on conducting effective performance appraisals based on MAP policies and procedures.
- Annually carryout training need analysis for staff, develop an annual training plan and facilitate/deliver training accordingly within the available budget.
- Closely work with the CD and other Leadership team members to develop and maintain a performance and continuous learning focused work culture.
- Establish strategic networks with key International NGOs and other supporting agencies at the national and international level to keep updated with changes in external environment.
- Carry out benchmarks with other INGOs to identify best practices and make recommendations to management as and when required.
- Effectively manage and amicably resolve staff grievances, in line with MAP policies and procedure.
- Keep abreast and updated with changes in labor laws and legislations and provide technical guidance to all stakeholders on issues and changes in statutory requirements for management decision making.
- Ensure all safeguarding guidelines are implemented in true spirits and compliance as per the policy.
- Maintain and store all records in line with MA document management and IT policies.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- Master’s degree preferably in HR/Business Management - Essential
- Holds professional HR qualifications - Desirable
- Evidence of continuous professional development - Essential
- Knowledge of good practice in HR - Essential
- Knowledge of local employment law - Essential
- Knowledge of HR, Procurement, Logistics, Security, and IT policies, procedures, practices and systems - Essential
- Proven professional experience in providing human resources and administrative support and management - Essential
- Experience of working in or with an international NGO - Desirable
- Experience in using HRIS systems - Desirable
- Demonstrable experience of providing advice, coaching and training to staff - Desirable
- Experience of working at a senior management position - Desirable
- Experience of reviewing and developing policies, procedures, systems and departmental strategies - Desirable
- Fluent in written and spoken English - Essential
- Good writing skills to prepare documents, reports and general correspondence - Essential
- Influencing, persuading and coaching skills - Essential
- literate with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint - Essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and produce results in fast paced multi-tasking and short deadline environment - Essential
- Ability to assess needs and strengthen the HR function and individuals - Essential
- Ability to relate to people from a broad range of backgrounds and cultures - Essential
- Ability to work under pressure and stress management skills - Essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality - Essential
- Excellent research and analytical skills - Essential
- Commitment to Muslim Aid’s mission, visions and values - Essential
- Commitment to Muslim Aid’s ethos - Essential
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity - Essential
- Hard working and self-motivated - Essential
- Conduct frequent field visits to all field offices of MAP - Essential