1. Role Purpose (overall purpose of the role)
NEC Corporation Islamabad Branch office is in charge of whole Pakistan Market, for the sales / marketing and technical services under NEC Corporation HQ Japan. NEC Islamabad Branch office is strongly investing in the Public Safety Business,
The person hired for the position of pre-sales & business development manager for Public Safety will primarily be responsible for driving growth of Pakistan Public Safety Business. He should have knowledge about public safety market, technology and customer needs so he can create new business based upon his ample experience.
2. Key responsibilities/duties of the role (overall scope - describing the categories of resources controlled, overall results to be achieved, budgets, complexity and contacts, etc)
· Coordinate the strategy, structuring & negotiating process and closure of a range of business opportunities, with Sales Director sales targets
· Responsible to manage and grow sales figures and to enlarge clients portfolio.
· Negotiate and discuss projects and contracts with clients.
· Develop a strong understanding of the dynamics and the key success factors in the area of Public Safety and able to re-sell it to the existing account
· Liaise with CTO and the solutions delivery organisation, in order to prepare offer propositions and negotiating deals with clients.
· Provide presales technical expertise to the customers during the sales process
· Provide technical input into bid proposals, projects and technical documents within the sales process, and identify additional sales opportunities with existing customers. Based the draft of proposal, he will get opinion and consensus with relative division to submit it to customer.
· Recommend products and services to meet customers' requirements
· Meet the clients and understand and describe problems and make relative proposals for solution at the same time
· Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the organization's and competitors' products and/or services .
· “He” can analyze market trend and situation and provide his own mid term/long term range vision for business.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Set meeting with the customer aimed to gain new business and to manage the existing business
· Internal enabling of NEC staff in the countries
· Deliver technical presentations to customers and partners. Once he could catch opportunity, he will make presentation by himself and make proposal based upon his creative thinking.
· Gather information and customer needs in order to allow other functions to design solutions customers oriented
· Help to design business offers and negotiate deals in order to help the company success
· Maintain relationship with the main customers in order to increase the business opportunities
· Prepare bid or tender accurate documentation together with the Technical Team.
· Capability to integrate or manage integration of 3rd party components
· Capable to set configuration and customization.
· The candidate will be responsible for achievement of the Budget (OR, Sales and OP) as per his agreed KPIs.
3. Other requirements or features of the role
(type of experience rather than length)
Mandatory at least 7-8 years
Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Information Technology/Electronics Engineering or Engineering related equivalent.
5. Professional Skills and Knowledge
(technical expertise specific to this role)
6. Required Key Competencies aligned to NEC Values (applicable to all roles)
NEC Core Values
Passion for Innovation
Better Products, Better Services
7. Managerial and Behavioural Competencies for the Role (specific to this role - select from the One NEC Europe Competency Model Dictionary, available on the HR & Careers page of the Intranet)
Behaviour Indicators/ Performance Criteria
• Determines projects/assignment requirements by breaking them down into tasks and identifying types of equipment, materials and people needed.
• Allocates appropriate amount of time for completing own and others work, avoids scheduling, develops timeline and milestones
• Creates in follow up system to assume task completion with allocated resources
• Takes advantage of available resources (individual, processes, departments, tools) to complete work efficiently; coordinates with internal and external partners.
Control and Monitoring
• Signals timely any variations or obstacles when running plans and tasks
• Ensures that systems are in place and adequately resourced to provide reliable information on all agreed plans
• Applies correctly the available control tools
• Provides timely reports about his/her or others’ work and progress
• Shows empathy with others’ needs, feelings and motivations
• Shows respect for the others’ points of view even if they are different from his/her own
• Supports the others in achieving their personal aspirations, and recognises their success
• During meetings allows everybody to give a contribution and, in particular, tries to involve those people who, usually, less express themselves
• When needed says “no”, yet explaining the reasons why
• Requires respect for his/her own role or for himself/herself
• States his/her points of view with direct style and transparency in order to solve problems
• Keeps a proper tone of voice resolute, not anxious nor inferior
• Presents himself/herself without hesitation verbally and not verbally
• Attributes to himself/herself and to his/her own skills the reasons of success
• In case of failures, doesn’t think to be inappropriate and looks for alternative strategy
• Trusts in his/her own skills