Manager Technical is a highly demanding position that requires the ability to demonstrate technical and solution oriented expertise.
He/She will be is responsible for:
- Understanding company’s corporate services portfolio and suggesting a continual improvement.
- Understanding the corporate application’s hosting environments and related technologies, and devising ways to boost application performance on these platforms.
- Identifying/Analyzing discrepancies in deployments and proposing changes to Virtual Infrastructure and corporate services.
- Working with the teams to respond to changes, Incidents and services request.
- Conducting hardware sizing, benchmarking, load testing and monitoring for various applications.
- A willingness to travel to exhibit any of the skills outlined in the skills related sections below.
Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience of following technical domains:
- Deployment and advanced configuration of Windows Server OS i.e. Windows 2008/2012/2016.
- Deployment and advanced configuration of UNIX/Linux distributions.
- RAID Technologies, Storage Area Networks, and related technologies.
- Active Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, WDS etc.
- Reverse-Proxy, Load Balancing, and Server/Application Clustering.
- Virtualization and application publishing technologies such as VMware ESX, Hyper-V and Citrix XenApp.
- Deployment techniques for different web and application servers such as IIS, Tomcat, MSMQ etc.
- Deployment and configuration (in HA mode) of DB Technologies e.g., Oracle (10g/11g/12c), MS SQL Server (2008/2012/2014).
- Tools & techniques used for performance monitoring, KPI gauging, and load testing of applications.
- A good understanding of how LAN/ WAN devices such as routers, switches, firewalls etc. work.
- Systems hardening and related security controls / technologies.
- High-end server hardware from main vendors such as IBM, HP & Dell.
- BS / BE Computer Science / Engineering (MS or equivalent is preferred)
- Professional certifications for Systems Engineering from Microsoft®, a Linux distribution® (optional), and VMWare® (optional) are required. VCP certification from VMware will be an advantage.
- 8 to 10 years of proven IT systems engineering experience out of which at least 4 years must have been spent in IT Infrastructure Services Architecture / Design and Solutions Consultancy in large enterprises.
- A thorough understanding of Application monitoring, load testing, problem diagnosis and remediation.
- A good understanding of IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT etc (holding an ITIL Foundation Certificate will be a plus point).
- A good understanding of Information Security and Management Services.
- Very strong presentation and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work methodically, meticulously, and efficiently.