To complete Online Assessment, visit our 'Careers web page'.
NovusAltair.com is the UK-based ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001 certified and SIA (ACS) approved provider of professional Security Services. The company also provides IT and R&D solutions to a range of businesses.
Our R & D team is outstanding for having introduced revolutionary concepts in using Robots and Drones for the Security Industry. We envisage to see ourselves as a world-class service provider in the near future. Towards reaching our business goals we are establishing a software development team in Karachi, Pakistan which will work very closely with the London head office.
As such we are looking for a Senior Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. The job role requires carrying out all Android development activities where work will be closely linked up with the project manager and product owner for all assigned projects. The selected candidate will be involved fully to determine project technical assessment, technical design, and continual improvement activities.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- An effective team player with the ability to work on his own initiative in order to achieve urgent deadlines. Thrives in any busy fast-moving work environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to work comfortably under pressure in order to get a job done.
- As a member of the Scrum team, participate in daily stand-up meetings, project status meetings as well as retrospective meetings and iteration reviews.
- Adhere to best practices and coding standards in all development projects.
- Respond well to training in new subjects and strive to respond correctly “first time” to the constant challenge of change.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.3+ years of professional experience working as an Android developer in a software house.
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as an Android developer in a software house
Background, skills, and experience Essential
- The solid command in Java programming with the flexibility to work with Android SDK.
- Working experience with Kotlin is required.
- Solid working experience with Google Firebase.
- Good understanding of app publishing on Google Play. Must have published at least two original Android apps on the Play store.
- Solid understanding of Web Service standards (JSON, REST, etc).
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs. Complete integration knowledge of Google APIs, especially Google location-based service APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience in developing UIs for different screen dimensions.
- Good understanding of Create/Consume Web Services.
Evidence of background, qualifications, skills, and experience will be assessed against your application and references provided. Personal qualities will be assessed against references and your performance at the interview.