A travel agent's role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday. They also offer advice and opinions on where to go and local tourist attractions, events and customs.
Typical duties include:
- promoting and marketing the business
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- providing advice about visas or passports
- recruiting, training and supervising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- selling holidays and insurance
- meeting profit or sales targets
- preparing promotional materials and displays.