Orient cargo is looking for a Skilled Human Resources Officer who will recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures. The Human Resources Officer is responsible for delivering all facts of recruiting success throughout the organization. This will be achieved through the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas.The Human Resource Officer will play a critical role in ensuring we are hiring the best possible talent and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
This position would also require to assist marketing department on need basis.
The candidate would be required to conduct marketing campaigns for international partners, local customers, public relation forums and social media.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Officer:
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures and Audit implementation of Company’s Policies and Procedures.
- Efficiently and effectively fill open positions.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Post openings in online venues, newspaper classifieds, with professional organizations, and in other position appropriate venues.
- Aid public relations in establishing a recognizable employer of choice reputation for the company, both internally and externally.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale, and source new candidate leads.
- Additional measurements to consider are employee turnover rate, employee turnover cost, and preventable employee turnover.
- Coordinate college recruiting initiatives and attend career fairs for recruiting and company recognition.
- Conduct pre-screening interviews.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, as assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with recruiting, technical recruiting a plus.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship building skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to collect and interpret data-based measurements to demonstrate the effectiveness or failure of the recruitment system from position opening to onboarding.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- One need to be able to think of new and exciting ideas to appeal to their clients and to the target demographic to keep from becoming stale. From having an eye for design to coming up with amusing concepts, the ability to think outside the box is crucial.