We are on the lookout for a talented, highly motivated Senior Mobile Engineer with excellent experience in developing and delivering Android applications, AND has a desire to be part of the Kotlin revolution.
Yes, yes - we are looking for that person that enjoys building smart software solutions which engage with hardware systems, as well as make apps and their user interfaces a delight for their friends and family. But we also are looking for those artists who like to take control, take the initiative and take charge of the code and make it their own.
Who are we looking for?
In our team, we expect that should be able to intelligently discuss OOP coding principles and design patterns. You should be able to understand and explain how basic networking works - and have a taste for learning (or asking about) what you do not know. We want people who relishes figuring out how to make RTSP and 4K video as easy viewing as MJPEG with something better than simply ffmpeg.
And since we all have a strong enthusiasm for robotics, microcontrollers and the low-level architectures, you should feel comfortable exploring this realm as well.
At OWLR, this is your chance to grow and build our user’s best product. As an Android team member, YOU are an integral part of our team since our Android apps have the greatest international reach and best user reviews. Our Android app is based on a real Android/Material design, not some iOS knockoff.
It will be your responsibility to deliver on the Android app development and performance; you will be building a product that is likely going to be in the hands of your friends and family in time; and isright now being used passionately by over 1.5M+ people around the world.
● Designing and creating native Android applications○ Excellent in Java and skilled at Kotlin (or good at learning)
● Confident in the Android platform and development cycle
● Able to explain and use networking tools
○ Understand TCP/IP and UDP concepts and how to address them
● Building iOS applications that directly interact with RESTful APIs
● Develop features while including appropriate automated tests
● Write code that is highly cohesive and loosely coupled
● MUST HAVE:
○ Kotlin (yes, Kotlin!) programming experience
○ Strong Java and Android Studio experience
○ Strong C or other lower-level programming experience
○ Hardware/embedded systems/microcontrollers enthusiasm
○ Video streaming experience (RTSP, WebM, etc)
○ Strong knowledge of GCD and asynchronous programming techniques
● Solidelements, networking stack and efficient code
commercial experience around developing Android apps that support video and audio
● 3+ years of Android application development, ideally having published 2-3 for yourself or for your clients
● Developing in at least one other major programming language
● Keeping up-to-date with new languages and frameworks
● Unit and functional tests (we use jUnit and are considering Mocking libraries)
● Comfortable in modern distributed source code management systems (we use github)
● Continuous Integration tools and methodologies