The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a seven-year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project is working to improve the quality of teaching and assessment of reading by supporting improvements to teachers’ pre-service education, providing a model for continuous professional development for in-service teachers, and making supplemental instructional materials more widely available to primary school teachers as well as necessary material to students.
Along with third party evaluation, we also conduct different internal longitudinal as well as cross sections assessment studies that focus students’ reading skills as well as teacher classroom teaching. These assessment studies are based on Early Grade Reading Assessment (EGRA) framework. Data collection is performed through trained enumerator & classroom observers using paper-pencil as well as android based tablets using Tangerine software (where possible).
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst who will work from home. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information to insight and insight into business decision.
She/he will be responsible to clean raw quantitative as well as qualitative primary & secondary data sets and will be responsible to disqualify bad data. She/he will responsible to organize clean data to maintain necessary databases. She/he will be responsible to analyze clean data using statistical software(s) to perform complex statistical analysis in consideration to research studies design and methodology. She/he will be responsible to interpret analyzed data set and explain the significance of its findings in layman’s terms by creating necessary report as well as using necessary data visualization techniques/tools. She/he will work with other PRP staff to ensure effective coordination and build their capacity on research designing, extracting sample from population using computerized sampling software(s) and build their capacity on SPSS/other statistical software packages by applying theoretical statistical principal into real-world situation.
· Hold a Master degree in Statistics from a recognized university
· Have more than 5 years post-educational experience in relevant field
· Have strong knowledge of using advance statistical software applications for analysis as well as sampling
· Have strong knowledge of presenting data using different available data visualization applications
· Must have experience of analyzing EGRA data sets and producing necessary statistical reports
· Have knowledge of Education sector data as well as good business intelligence
· Have moderate level of English language communications skills
Working Location: Mainly work from Home with necessary liaison with PRP focal person through phone/Skype etc. She/he may visit PRP office, if required
Working Time: Flexible
Timeline/Duration: X number of working days expanded over 01 year (b/w October 2018 till September 2019).
· Agreed upon per day remuneration will be paid against worked days during above timeline
· PRP will be responsible to pay for necessary logistic arrangement, if required
Reports to: Assessment Specialist