The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education throughout Pakistan to improve the reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
- Act as HR focal person for staff in KPK, respond to staff queries, and facilitate staff in HR related matters.
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing preparing job adverts, sourcing, screening, interviewing and selecting candidate in line with the IRC global HR policies and procedures.
- Arranging for and providing orientation to newly joined employees, this includes but not limited to scheduling inductions, inducting new employees into IRC ways, culture, HR and administrative policies and procedures.
- Assist the HR Manager in administration of benefits and compensation. This includes conducting salary /benefits survey when needed.
- Promote and uphold THE IRC WAY (codes of conduct). Ensure that all newly recruited staff understand these codes and sign the acknowledgement for record.
- Maintain time sheet status of KPK staff and follow up with districts for timely submission of time sheets.
- Maintain daily staff leaves status.
- Maintain leave record in excel and hard form, and share leave balances with staff on regular basis.
- Maintain staff personnel files in a confidential manner, and ensure that all personnel files are complete.
- Ensure all staff access to the IRC learning portal and courses are availed online.
- Coordinate on staff health/life insurances with the insurance companies as well as staff members in resolving their day to day issues.
- Manage staff health and life insurance such as liaising with insurance companies, processing staff medical claims etc.
- Maintain and regularly update HRIS.
- Foster and facilitate the development of cooperative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
- Process leaving staff clearances to HR Manager in the provincial office in timely manner.
- Conduct frequent field visits to the district areas when required.
- Perform other duties, as and when requested.