Program Background Summary: Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), supports seven provincial and regional departments of education to improve reading skills for at least 1.3 million grades one and two children. Lead by International Rescue Committee (IRC), with Partners (Institute of Rural Management, Creative Associates International, World Learning), using a collaborative approach with three components for implementation, including: improving classroom learning environment, improving policies and systems, and providing community based support, over five years.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) assistant provides support related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for the Pakistan Reading Project
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual program performance reports.
- Support project teams in designing and developing data capturing tools for various MEL functions.
- Assist MEL team in collecting, entering, cleaning, analyzing and summarizing MEL data coming from the project teams and field offices.
- Conduct frequent data quality audit checks. Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis jointly with MEL team.
- Participate in strengthening existing Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) system
- Support the coordination and execution of events related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in support to PRP MEL.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Survey & Study Coordinator Position directly supervises: NA
Indirect Reporting: Other Internal and/or external contacts:
· Education: Bachelor degree (preferred) in Statistics, Development studies, social studies or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification of monitoring and evaluation.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and research
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Advanced computer skills in Excel, Word processing, Database management
· Excellent report writing and information dissemination skills
· Working knowledge on Android tablets and smart phones (will be preferred)
· Knowledge of SPSS and research designs are desirable.
· Willingness to work in and travel to remote areas and a diverse environment
· Flexible, motivated, team player and fast to learn
· Fluent in Urdu and dominant local language (s)
· Good interpersonal and coordination/communication skills, both verbal and written in Urdu and English (Knowledge of local languages will be an additional asset)
Certificates or Licenses:
· Good computer skills in MS office