Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant
Over-time Eligible: NA
Travel Requirements: This project has extensive field travel and the candidate should be willing to travel across district/province/region and to remote areas
Program Background Summary:
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a five-year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but interrelated components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) assistant provides support related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for the Pakistan Reading Project
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual program performance reports.
- Support project teams in designing and developing data capturing tools for various MEL functions.
- Assist MEL team in collecting, entering, cleaning, analyzing and summarizing MEL data coming from the project teams and field offices.
- Conduct frequent data quality audit checks. Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis jointly with MEL team.
- Participate in strengthening existing Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) system
- Support the coordination and execution of events related to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) department.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in support to PRP MEL.
Education: Bachelor degree
1-2 years of experience in related field
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- know about basic concepts of M&E, proficient in MS Excel and online data entry