This is to inform all that some fraudsters are using fake identities, pretending to represent Pakistan Reading Project and posting fake job vacancies on online job portals and sending fake interview calls through e-mails and letters. Pakistan Reading Project only uses the [email protected] email address to send job related emails. Any communication received from a domain other than @pakreading.org DOES NOT represent official communications from Pakistan Reading Project. Please ignore any such communication.
Program Background Summary:
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee (IRC) and its partners (Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management), is a five-year project with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education (DoE) throughout Pakistan to improve reading skills of children in grades one and two. The project aims to achieve this goal through three distinct but inter related components that work in synergy to affect the quality of early grade education: improved classroom learning environment for reading, improved policies and systems for reading, and community based support for reading in Pakistan.
School Support Associate will be responsible for facilitation and support of In- Service Professionals and teachers in learning and implementing skills to enhance reading at school level.
The School Support Associate will:
· Facilitate in-service professional development activities in the UC/Tehsil/District that include face-to-face trainings, follow-ups and roll out of TIG activities.
· Support teachers in implementing newly learned concepts and skills through regular follow-up support visits to schools.
· Work in close collaboration with teachers, head teachers and concerned education officer(s) in preparing and implementing school/ union council/ tehsil based reading improvement plans and strategies
· Assist District Program Manager in managing administrative and logistic issue for a smooth implementation of program activities in the district.
· Assist District Program Manager in developing monthly cash projection against program activities, disbursement of project beneficiary allowances, district based procurement (as and where needed) and maintaining update financial and compliance records/matters.
· Assist District Program Manager in compiling monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports by providing updated and accurate information from field. In addition, collect and share success stories from the field to highlight impact of the program.
· Prepare/partake in detailed weekly/monthly plans including field travels/school visits while adhering to quarterly/annual/LoP work plan targets and indicators.
· Ensure proper record keeping of the TIG meetings, follow-up visit, and teacher observation tools and reporting those to the district office accordingly.
· Support teachers in maintaining portfolios with up to the mark quality
· Assist the district, provincial and national offices in undertaking monitoring and data collection tasks.
· Collect content analytics from tablets
· Provide updated contents, and first level support to tablet users about tablet and multimedia contents.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: District Program Manager Position directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: Other contacts:
Internal: Regional/Provincial Technical Teams
External: Education Department officials, Schools Administration, Teachers, District Management
· B. Ed (Hons.) or Associate Degree in Education (ADE) with at least one year of relevant teaching experience at primary/elementary school level
· Masters in Social Sciences in relevant discipline with at least 3 years of teaching experience at primary /elementary school level.
· Preference will be given to the following
ü Experience as teacher trainer
ü Proficiency in MS- office (Computer skills)
ü Candidates from Local area/district
ü Social mobilization experience with education projects or schools
ü Working knowledge on Android tablets and smart phones
Ø Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Ability to facilitate teacher professional development activities and model best practices in teaching.
· Good interpersonal and coordination/communication skills, both verbal and written in Urdu and English.
· Good information sharing and report writing skills.
· Willingness to work in and travel (at least 75%) to remote areas and in a diverse environment.
· Flexible, motivated, team player and fast to learn
· Fluent in Urdu and dominant local language (s)
Travel Requirements: This project has extensive field travel and the candidate should be willing to travel across district/province/region and to remote areas (at least 75% time in the field)
Locals will be preferred for this positions
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...
The USAID-funded Pakistan Reading Project (PRP), implemented by the International Rescue Committee and its partners, Creative Associates International, World Learning, and Institute of Rural Management, is working with the objective to support the provincial and regional departments of education ...Read More