Path Solutions is looking to hire a Sybase DBA with minimum 5 years of work experience in database administration in Sybase in Karachi , Pakistan . DBA experience in Oracle will be an added advantage .
Duties & Responsibilities :
• Tuning database configuration for optimum performance. Diagnose and resolve problems. Implementing appropriate contingency procedures in response to planned and unexpected
• Create database users, grant access privileges. Install and configure operating systems, patches, tools and utilities (for database servers).
• Software installation for databases internal and at client’s site. Monitor/troubleshoot/resolve database performance issues. Perform database capacity planning.
• Maintaining Database access and security as per the information security plan. Maintain database backup and recovery procedure as per the backup recovery plan.
• Provides database technical support and expertise to the development team in the areas of database access and R&D.
• Participates in logical database design and the creation of a physical database design. Maintain and migrate database objects (tables, views and indexes) across database environments/servers.• Participate in RFP preparation (ICT related). Perform hardware sizing and systems design for customers.
Qualifications & Competency Skills :
• BS / BE in Computer Science/ IT or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 5 years of relevant experience in Sybase Database Administration. DBA experience in Oracle will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated skills in managing a multi-user client/server networked system environment with the latest trends in operating systems.
• Proficiency in using MS Office and other productivity tools.
• Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
• Proven writing and communication skills.
• Self-motivated with exhibited ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
• Fluency in English & Willing to travel .