Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports. Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take; maintaining the financial health of the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for entire finance and accounting function including banking, payables and receivables, bank reconciliation, bookkeeping and preparing company’s financial statements, costing, taxation including sales tax, compliance and financial controls.
· Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
· Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
· Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
· Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
· Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
· Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
· Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
· Maintain the financial health of the organization.
· Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
· Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
· Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
· Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
· Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
· Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
· Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
· Delivering a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe.
· Providing innovative tax planning and reviewing complex income tax returns.
· Manage tax provision and tax compliance process
· Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices
· Manage and coordinate tax audits and maintain tax balances on general ledger.
· Prepare all tax papers in regular basis and handle all information data requests.
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
· Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
· Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
· Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Supports budget and forecasting activities.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
· Responds to inquiries from the Directors and other finance and firm regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
· Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
· Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
· Responsible for the preparation of the monthly financial reports
· Preparing monthly forecasting and budgeting for Sales, receivable, Payables and Cash Flow
· Verifying daily and monthly Data entries and their reconciliations for general ledger.
· Track performance against budget and forecasts and explain variances
· Responsible for managing the stock related reports, and verifying stocks monthly.
· Oversee month end close process and compliance with close schedule
· Prepare, review, and approve general ledger journal entries
· Reconcile Accounts Receivable, Bank Statements, on monthly basis
· Design and implement new forms, formats, and systems in terms of managing expenses
· Manage the general ledger system
· Maintain practice management system and design enhancements for improving its performance
· Assist in gathering data and preparing schedules
· Coordinate and lead special projects
· Keeping accurate records for all daily transactions
· Prepare Invoices
· Preparing balance sheets
· Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Update internal systems with financial data
· Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
· Reconcile bank statements
· Track bank deposits and payments
· Review and implement financial policies
· Draft bank related letters
It is a London based Asset management consultancy firm, investing in Pakistani Equities and Debt Markets. In addition to Investment Management the company also provides Investment Advisory Services, to their clients to fulfill their objective of maximizing their wealth.