The role of the Medical Director is to assist and participate in operational decision-making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital's mission. The Medical Director must be a creative visionary, who has major external and internal management and internal leadership responsibilities and will be able to lead the hospital/Institute into the future. In order to successfully exercise these duties and responsibilities, the Medical Director must have demonstrational knowledge, skills, ability and qualifications.
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the Hospital/Institute's mission and objectives to promote growth as a hospital/Institute.
- Oversee hospital/Institute’s operation to insure service delivery, quality, efficiency and cost-effective management of resources.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for establishing strong relationship with Public and private hospital/Institute to realize the goals and objectives of the hospital under the directives of PPP Node & Government of Sindh.
- Assist in finalization, implementation and insuring hospital/Institute’s operational procedures, policies, and international standards.
- Review activity of financial reports (daily, weekly, bi-annually or annually) to determine the progress and status of hospital in attaining objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Ensure appropriate systems and structures are in place for the effective management and control of the Hospital and its resources including the employment, development, control, direction and discharge of all employees of the hospital.
- Represent and promote the hospital/Institute at committee meetings and at formal functions.
- Develop and maintains positive relations with community in order to promote the hospital/Institute enhanced services to local, regional and national constituencies.
- Present hospital/Institute reports on quarterly basis in review meetings with PPP node and Government of Sindh.
- Coordinates activities with the medical staff and other staff members to respond to the community’s needs for quality health care services and monitors the adequacy of these activities.
- Serves as the final authority for resolution of staff performance concerns and performance improvement activities as appropriate.
- Abides by all the policies and procedures and operates with the highest personal integrity and professionalism.
- Administration and Support -- Supports operations and administration of Hospital by advising and informing Executive Director, interfacing between management of the hospital, and Executive Director.
- Service Delivery -- Oversees marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of services.
- Human Resource Management -- Effectively manages the human resources of the Hospital according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully abide by the current laws and regulations
- Public Relations – Able to have excellent communication skills, and be able to develop good relationships with a number of key groups, including the medical staff, community leaders, and other relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- MBBS or An advanced degree in healthcare administration, public health, business or related field expected.
- At least 10 years of progressive senior leadership experience in healthcare hospital/Institute
- Experience representing a hospital or health system at local, state and federal levels with broad understanding of rules, regulations and health policy.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution is required.
- Ability to develop plans, manage resources and deliver presentations.
- A clear understanding of the issues that face a variety of issues in non-government organizations.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government and to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.