The Municipal Committee is a newly created public organization and may face typical public sector issues of centralization, ghost staffing, corruption, inefficiency and in-effective service delivery. The bright aspect is the willingness to change. This pressure comes from within and without. The public sector reform specialist will be doing the situation analysis of the existing organizational set-up and find weaknesses and strengths for the MC Jacobabad and Local Government Department in a manner that the same can play the role of steering this Town to become customer oriented Town. The Public Sector Reform Specialist will undertake a change/reform assessment of the MC highlighting how reforms may be implementred, identifying reform champions while also mitigating those who might resist. A two year implementation plan will be prepared by the consultant to be agreed with the government. He/she will have experience of implementing reform programs in the public sector in Pakistan and elsewhere.
- With the Team Leader take responsibility for Component, and in particular the analytical and consultative tasks of the Component.
- Work closely with other consultants in carrying out an assessment, identifying local government readiness for reforms and the issues that will need to be addressed by the local governments as part of broad public sector reforms.
- Ensure that these reform issues are taken into account in dveopling outputs under all the components.
- Provide a detailed business case for reforms as part of a gap analysis with drivers of change included
- Propose key areas and sectors that will be the focus of reform and change to bring about improved operational efficiency and service effectiveness.
- Prepare a 5 year reform plan for the whole organization identifying actions, resources required, timeline and champions.