IT supervisor will be responsible for installation, maintenance and upgradation of organization's technology systems. IT supervisor will work with a team of information technology administrators and support personnel to oversee the day-to-day operations of information technology systems and components to ensure that proper support is available for all activities in the information technology environment and those adequate skilled resources are present to ensure smooth functioning.
IT supervisor's key duties include:
• Providing work assignments to IT Officers
• Directing the work of information technology personnel, setting priorities and coordinating their activities
• Evaluating and verifying employee performances through performance evaluation techniques
• Identifying and ensuring staff development programs
• Determining system reload and backup procedures for database and critical applications
• Preparing different reports when and wherever required
• Coordinating local and remote network equipment testing
• Preparing and installing network software
• Diagnosing and resolving problems with malfunctioning components
• Maintaining data communication networks
• Any other task assigned by the competent authority.