This position will be responsible for the following functions:
• Prepare and manage a geographic database that includes standardized and reviewed GIS layers including administrative boundaries, commonly used thematic layers, topographic raster datasets, and other relevant data.
• Submit the HVRA database on quarterly basis to the Global team.
• Review and finalize all hazard and risk maps created by the field team. This includes hazard maps, risk maps, hazard indication maps and overview maps.
• Create valley level hazard maps, road maps and access maps, using the field data and interpretation through GIS software.
• Review and incorporate maps and hazard related information in all site specific hazard and risk assessment reports.
• Supervisor and ensure daily weather alerts to key stakeholders.
• Analyze and interpret HVRA data for various hazard modelling and simulations.
• Create concept papers, discussion papers and need analysis as part of HVRA programme development.Required qualification/ experience: Postgraduate degree in Geomatics, GIS, geography or environmental science with at least 5 years’ of experience in a humanitarian or environmental agency.