PSPC North is looking for a dynamic and result oriented professional to become a part of the prestigious organization to fill the challenging position of General Manager Support Services (GM SS).
Direct Supervisor: CEO PSPC
Department: Support Services
Job Purpose Statement: The GM SS leads/ directs Strategic Human Resources, Administration, IT and Corporate Communications practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, standards, and goal attainment. In addition, the GM SS acts as a key focal point in coordinating the delivery of supporting company business initiatives in line with business mission.
As a member of the Management Committee of PSPC, he initiates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Support Services staff and other required functions (where required), and advises the CEO/ Company Board of Directors about business challenges and their resolution.
- Directs and oversees the development implementation of HR, IT, Admin and Corporate Communications departments’ strategies for the company in alignment with the organizational business strategy by working closely with the concerned HODs, functional GMs and CEO.
- Acts as the key liaison between the HODs of HR, IT, Admin and Corp Communications Departments and the functional GMs & CEO to ensure timely resolution of high priority operational/ business matters as directed by the CEO.
- Under supervision of the CEO, drives and leads a performance culture across the organization by ensuring goals & objectives are set across the organization & communicated & that the integrity of the reward system is maintained
- Develops and ensures the mechanism of measuring the productivity of employees in line with organizational goals by supporting the CEO in cascading the organizational goals & objectives, briefing GMs; visiting business operations to deliver presentations & ensuring goals & objectives are fully understood by senior managers in all business operations.
- Leads (in collaboration with HODs) the transfer of knowledge & best practices in HR, IT, Admin and Corp Communications Departments throughout the organization, ensuring there are plans for transfer; attending conferences, updating leaders/ GMs & team members on new developments
- Advocates the company values, ethics, policies & systems & act as the custodian of the culture, ensuring relevant tools are available including policies, procedures & codes of conduct. Educate top management on the importance of ethics & values.
- Supervises HODs in the design, direction, and management of company-wide processes related to HR, IT, Admin and Corp Communications Departments. Such as organization development, targeted selection recruitment, performance management, succession planning, superior workforce development, key employee retention, talent management, organization design, and change management. Also SLAs (Service Level Agreements) in Administration Services, IT Infrastructure and Capability enhancement (like the implementation of ERP: SAP or Oracle); Effectiveness of Internal and External Communication- measurement of Impact.
- Sets standards of Service Level Agreements for HR, IT, Admin and Corp Communications Depts. Monitors, measures and manages their performance and quality of support through transactions turn-around time and internal customer feedback index.
- Directs the process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and Human Capital planning throughout the organization. Make recommendations to CEO/ Board HR Committee and leads a process of organization development that plans, communicates, and integrates the results of strategic planning throughout the organization. Creates a planning model that supports the organization's mission and values based on an internal and external needs assessment.
- Strategically supervises the implementation and maintenance of the company ERP system to ensure optimization of business information flow and fast decision-making.
- Operates as an internal consultant to the CEO and GMs/ senior management in the identification, development, and implementation of HR, Admin, IT and Communication Processes.
- Participates in developing (with HODs) and monitoring the annual budgets of HR, Admin, IT and Communication Depts to achieve the overall strategic direction of the organization. Monitors and recommends cost optimization initiatives/ solutions related to Capex and Opex spend.
- Aligns, recommends and implements the overall strategic direction of the corporate compensation and benefits schemes in the company to achieve overall parity and fairness in rewards programs and maximum retention of high talent management and staff in the organization.
Operating Environment Context:
- Responsible for all strategic and developmental issues and new projects related to the HR, Admin, IT and Communication functions. Ability to act fast and effective on the need of the organization in term of resources and policies to suit the needs of expansion and development.
- He should be aware (through frequent interaction with Direct Report HODs) of any change in labor regulations, technology developments in IT, and Print and Electronic Media trends and act fast to ensure the maximum benefit of this information on the organization and avoid any negative impact
- Requires travel to all company sites as and when required.
- Acts as a key advisory and coordination resource to the CEO on all company matters particularly: HR, IT, Admin, Communications. But also Operations and Business Planning, as and when required by the CEO.
Communications And Working Relationships:
- Communicates internally with all levels of the organization but more frequently with the CEO, Top Functional Heads/ GMs and Direct Reports who Head the HR, IT, Admin and Communication Departments. Externally with business consultants, Vendors, Media Houses, Third Party Contractors.
- Participates in meetings with other GMs/ functional heads to share information, developments in the industry.
- The Job holder is in direct contact with the CEO, Board of Directors and GMs/ Key Functional Heads to update them on any new regulation/ business environment changes which will affect the organization.
- Strategically and developmentally supervises the HR, IT, Admin and Communication Teams to ensure timely delivery of initiatives; directly performance manages the HODs of these functions. On behalf of the CEO/ and as required guides, advises and coordinates with GMs/ Functional Heads on Support Services, operations or any business matter as directed by the CEO.
Frameworks, Boundaries and Decision Making:
The jobholder has the flexibility to take decisions within policy, budget, any exception on policy should get approval from the CEO. Has the ability to take decisions within the set guidelines.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills (Required for the Job):
- University Post Graduate/ Master’s Degree/ MBA if from Pakistan or at least 16 of Academic Education if Degree from a reputable Foreign University. Foreign qualification in Economics or Business Management or HR is highly preferred.
- At least 12-15 years of leadership experience in the HR & Admin field. The Job Holder should have previously led the strategic HR & Admin Function of a large private sector or multinational organization. IT experience in ERP implementation (SAP or Oracle) is also required.
- Exposure of working overseas/ internationally in best practices environments is an advantage and highly preferred.
- In addition to strategic Corporate/ Private Sector work experience in HR, Admin (with IT exposure) the Job Holder should have some exposure of working with the Public Sector/ government sector of Pakistan- ensuring they are knowledgeable of the transformational dynamics of a public sector organization into a high performing private sector entity.
- Previous Consulting experience and cross-industry exposure is an advantage
- Certification and hands-on experience of using technical HR and IT Tools: HRMS/ ERP Solutions (e.g. SAP, Oracle etc), Job Analysis and Job Evaluation Systems, Psychometric/ Psychological Testing are essential.
- Excellent Communication Skills – verbal – written – presentation and cultural understanding
- High level of achievement motivation
- Organization awareness, and concern with order
- Team leadership and teamwork cooperation
- Developing others – Impact and Influence
- Conceptual and Analytical
- Interpersonal Understanding