Punjab Tourism for Economic Growth Project of World Bank Group (WBG) is a five year project to assist the Government of Punjab (GoPb) in its 5- Year Medium Term Growth Framework which is aimed to optimally exploit the potentials of Recreational, Adventure, Cultural, Historical and Heritage Tourism. A good tourism program can contribute towards economic growth through creation of jobs, foreign exchange earnings, opening up trade, knowledge sharing, regional development and much needed portrayal of a soft image for Pakistan.
1. To support the Government of Punjab in implementing a cultural, heritage and tourism policy supported by comprehensive institutional reforms for effective implementation framework.
2. Leverage private sector’s potential to create new economic opportunities for job creation, revenue generation, innovation, entrepreneurship and production efficiency increase.
3. To promote an environment of pluralism and tolerance in the Province through a raised awareness of a varied culture and heritage.
Qualification & Experience:
· Master’s Degree in Public/Social Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Finance & Business Administration, Management or related discipline.
· Weightage will be given to experience in tourism and associated sectors.
· At least 15 years’ experience in the areas of management, administration, project coordination in government sector or leading related programs for a large organization.
· Prior International work experience or work experience with foreign funded projects is preferred.
· Demonstration of strong financial, technical and management skills is required.
· Strong written and oral communications skills, with good expertise in the use of information technology.
· Language Skills: Fluency in written and oral English and Urdu.
· Female applicants are encouraged to apply
· Provide administrative and management leadership to PMU- PTEGP to effectively and efficiently achieve the project's goals and objectives.
· Supervise and manage team members, keep them motivated and ensure that they have clear performance targets.
· To supervise, coordinate and manage implementation of all Project activities.
· Carry out overall project management of all the components of PTEGP; and ensure that the agreed work plans of the project are followed.
· Lead the team of technical experts for achieving the goals and objectives of the project.
· Ensure that the project activities are conducted in strict compliance with Project Agreement and Project Appraisal Document.
· To liaison with other relevant departments inside and outside the province for ensuring coordinated works.
· To appraise the concerned agencies about the progress of the project.
· To facilitate the World Bank mission on their visit to the areas of activities and Government Departments.
· To handle complaints and swiftly address them.
· To interact with all concerned for timely completion of the project components.
· To ensure observance of the Government rules and guidelines of the donors for smooth and effective implementation of the Project activities.
· Develop a strong and supportive working relationship with relevant stakeholders and ensuring smooth coordination.
Financial & Procurement Management
· Act as the Principal Accounting Officer of the Project.
· Ensure that project's funds are spent in a completely transparent manner; as per the applicable financial rules and procedures.
· To sign contracts and place orders of purchases of goods and services as per guidelines.
· Ensure effective and efficient use of all resources.
· Ensure that all financial records are updated and reported as and when required.
· Ensure that the project activities are conducted in strict compliance with the Financial Agreement.
· Monitor project spending against planned activities on monthly basis and initiate required corrective and preventive measures.
Project Documentation and Reporting
· Regularly report to the Planning and Development Board, Punjab.
· To make sure that all instructions made by the PSC are implemented in light of PC 1 and donor guidelines.
· Develop and implement an effective and efficient progress reporting system.
· Prepare project reports, briefs and monitor progress on regular basis.
· Document and share best practices and lessons learned from the project internally and externally.
· Maintain regular interaction and liaison with the donor and provide regular updates, briefings, etc.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Section V ‘Selection of Individual Consultants’ World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 (Revised July 2014)
pPunjab Tourism for Economic Growth Project is a five year project being implemented in collaboration with World Bank. The total funding of the Project is 55 Million USD with World Bank contribution of USD 50 million over five years under project investment lending mode. The project has been negotia ...Read More