Core skills: Based on job listings we looked at, employers want IT Engineer with these core skills. If you want to work in IT Support, focus on the following.
- Knowing security protocols, IT systems, networking infrastructures and database systems
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Working with inter-disciplinary teams to craft IT solutions
- Communicating complex information to a non-technological audience
- Troubleshooting technology problems
Advanced skills: While most employers did not require the following skills, multiple job listings included them as preferred. Add these to your skillset and broaden your career options.
- Program certifications such as, Microsoft, VMWare, SQL and Oracle