· Interpret and implement quality assurance standards and procedures
· Evaluate adequacy of quality assurance standards such as HACCP, BRC Issue 8 and ISO 9001:2015.
· Devise sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
· Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems
· Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
· Document internal audits and other quality assurance activities
· Investigate customer complaints and non-conformance issues
· Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
· Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
· Identify training needs and organize training interventions to meet quality standards
· Coordinate and support on-site audits conducted by external providers
· Evaluate audit findings and implement appropriate corrective actions
· Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
· Create an effective, efficient testing protocol to be used across all product lines.
· Responsible for document management systems
· Assure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements
Education & Competencies:
· Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Food Technology
· 4+ years’ in quality control or quality assurance position
· Certifications an advantage including HACCP Level 3, Advance Food Safety, Quality Auditor, etc.
· Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, QA applications and databases
· Communication skills - verbal and written
· Problem analysis and problem solving
· Planning and organizing