The Product Line Manager (PLM) is a leader of a product line focused on maximizing its revenue and margins while ensuring high level of customer satisfaction. This includes researching, prioritizing new opportunities and features to enable the company to;
- Stay in the game,
- Win the game and
- Change the game as well as identifying products to be retired from the portfolio.
The PLM ensures collaboration with sales, marketing, customers, experts, vendors, product development, industry advisory board members and customer support to deliver outstanding products that ensure revenue growth, margin and customer satisfaction goals are met. PLM must identify areas for growth and create strategic product line roadmaps to help drive adoption of the product and differentiation.
Responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Be a leader, owner and visionary of the training products & platform and drive the product roadmap, product marketing and sales plans.
- Responsible for revenue growth through various sales channels such as B2B and B2C (eCommerce).
- Maintain a close pulse on financials for the product line and develop plans from a strategic, tactical and financial perspective.
- Deliver business cases with prioritized features, corresponding justification of investment and course approvals to a) Stay in the game, b) Win the game and c) Change the game.
- Forge partnerships with external third parties such as professional trade associations to assess partnerships, vendor relationships and product buy vs licensing opportunities.
- Use data to perform analyses on several aspects like Consumption Patterns, Industry Trends and Customer Acquisition metrics.
- Establish VoC programs (Voice of the Customer) for the product line and become integrated with the customer persona.
- Make key delivery decisions, such as pricing and packaging, based on product line performance metrics to meet revenue and profitability goals.
- Interface with Ecommerce, B2B sales & marketing teams on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and help develop/update value proposition, sales tools, collateral, sales training, demo decks, marketing plan and product roadmap.
- Responsible to interface with technology and content product development and marketing teams to enforce release schedules and ETA’s to meet customer, revenue and margin objectives.
- Partner with sales and collect customer feedback and appropriately prioritize minor feature enhancements to support improved customer satisfaction.
- Masters is preferred in Technology or Business from a well-recognized University.
Minimum Knowledge and Experience
- 6+ years’ experience, preferably in a technology company.
- Demonstrated proof of working on multiple initiatives concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to work across teams to get things done.
- Background in technology and/or Marketing and/or Finance.
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain relationships with peers, leadership and partners.
- Diligent and laser focus on follow up activities.
- Background in doing some hands on technical work is preferred.