About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 18 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement, we operate as a single, shared management structure. In addition, RI has country offices registered as affiliates of one of the alliance members in an additional 18 countries.
The Supply Chain and Operations Officer functions as a support to Field Office operations that require management of logistics and associated documentation for essential operations systems. He/she is responsible for ensuring quality systems are established and functional for, procurement systems, stock supply management, transportation, security and IT in keeping with RI Standards, local laws, and under the guidance of the Operation Manager. The Supply Chain and Operation Officer supervises Peshawar Office Supply Chain Staff and support staff: cook, cleaner, guards, and drivers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain and oversee the logistics of the project in KPK.
- Produce regular reports to the Operations team in Pakistan.
- Increase the level of cooperation with local partners in Peshawar.
- Oversee safety and security management of office.
Safety and Security Management
- Serve as focal point to S&GLC/CD for sharing, participating and dissemination of situational awareness, security information, incidents/events risk analysis impacting RI staff and assets in the field.
- Based on the traffic alerts, plan and advise staff travel to the field and country office.
- Monitor staff field movement and get feedback at pre-designated points enroute.
- Incident reporting and managing.
- All firefighting appliances are functional and expired items are replaced in office and vehicle on time.
- All emergency exits are functional and staff well-informed.
- First aid boxes are kept maintained at prominent places and in vehicles with sufficient expiry date.
- Analysis and reporting of safety and security related information from the beneficiaries in consultation with program leads which can impact RI activities and image.
- Keeping a watch on the prohibited parties operating in the area and any interaction/conflict of interest with RI operations, program and staff.
- Maintain staff verification record in an updated form.
- Report any violation of security protocol/SOPs (that comes to his notice) to the S&GLC/CD.
- Security assessment of RI sites, program areas/ schools, offices, warehouses as required or directed by Operations Manager, S&GLC or PC.
- Brief, sensitize and highlight situation awareness, complying with RI security SOPs and protocols to all staff at least once in a month or as advised by S&GLC.
- Enhance staff capacity and facilitate in implementing RI security protocols.
Supervising office Access procedures/protocols
- Watching security guards’ attendance, performance and replacement whenever required and recording of staff, material and visitors’ entry/exit in registers.
- Ensuring that the security cameras are working round the clock and recording data is securely maintained.
- Assist PC/Operation Manager in Procurement Proceedings
- Procure requested program and program support items, in accordance with the RI Operations policy and procedure, making every effort to obtain the lowest price and highest quality of items for RI programs.
- Preparation of RFQs, CBAs, Purchase Orders/Contracts
- Ensure Procurement Tracking Sheet is well maintained and accounted for.
- Procure all requested items in a timely manner to facilitate program and operational needs.
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Assets and Inventories
- Ensure inventories are fully accounted for and maintained in a secure place
- Ensure a centralized asset register is maintained; ensure that all office and program assets are logged. For all assets, manage a tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique RI asset number, ID tag, and are tracked.
- Ensure annual (or bi‐annual) asset checks are completed; damage and losses are reported immediately.
- Ensure assets are functional
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
Transport, Travel & Fleet
- Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with RI standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
- Ensure transport services are cost‐efficient and reliable.
- Ensure systems are in place to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff travel
- Keeping track of fuel consumption of RI Office, guesthouse and vehicles
- Ensure that all transported goods have the appropriate documentation, e.g., waybills, receipts and that all inventories and stock lists are updated at the receiving and sending ends, per RI field procedures.
- Ensure efficient filing system is devised
- Build capacity and facilitate drivers to abide by RI policy and procedures.
- Ensuring that RI owned as well as rental fleet is kept maintained and roadworthy.
- Drivers and staff abide by the traffic rules and discipline.
- Supervise Peshawar Office Supply Chain Staff.
- Supervise cook, cleaner, guards, and drivers.
- Ensure Drivers, cooks, and cleaners are trained and ensuring facilities for office, and guest house are operational and in compliance with procedures.
Administration / Facilities management - – All properties including office, warehouse(s)
- Oversee administration functions such as reception, office consumables, storeroom management, etc.
- Coordinate with other staff members to ensure field Office are kept safe, adequately equipped, are maintained at the highest standards of hygiene, and supplied as per RI Pakistan Operation Standards.
- Ensure being on call beyond working hours to troubleshoot any urgent matter in office.
- Regularly check facilities and account for any issue and resolving and fixing it.
IT – Information Technology
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners. Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks. Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests. Providing technical support across the project offices (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Maintaining liaison with peers, district administration in the RI program areas for obtaining security related information, alerts and recommendations.
- Maintaining liaison and coordination with the district authorities, government departments and agencies to obtain NOCs and MoU approvals as advised by/on behalf of S&GLC/PC.
- Maintain liaison with the local police stations, other NGOs and gather any timely info/ precaution related to security management.
- In individual capacity or in support of S&GLC/PC meet with local community members, community leaders and other specific civilian actors in order to gain an accurate understanding of the areas in which RI teams operate.
- Provide efficient support to all logistical matters of different departments within RI.
- Work in close collaboration with PC/ Operations Manager/ Govt. Liaison & Security Coordinator and other members of the RI team; sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
- Liaise with the government, UN, and other agencies as necessary.
- Comply with all relevant RI policies and procedures concerning child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies.
- Frequent travel to field/country office
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 05 years of experience in supply chain management, security including procurement, administration transport, warehouse, and stock management.
- Bachelor Degree from a Government recognized Institute/ University in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, or related field preferred
- Experience in managing Office/ Project startup/ closeouts.
- Experience working with the following donors: USAID, BPRM, UNHCR, DFID, ECHO, and EU, and knowledge of donor guidelines.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of practical Supply Chain procedures and maintaining supply pipelines in areas with weak infrastructure.
- Expertise in all aspects of operational management, including planning, project management and problem‐solving
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills; strong computer competency with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to identify and communicate potential problems and propose solutions to the level of management and then effect change.
- Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment, set appropriate priorities, and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
- We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
This position is open on rolling basis and will be filled upon the availability of a suitable candidate.
We are an equal opportunity employer