Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF intervenes in more than 20 countries around the world through operations of emergency aid, recovery and development. SIF provides its help since more than 20 years in the respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or sex
The Security Assistant works under the guidance and supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, and in close coordination with the Security Referent in HQ and the office management team. S/he provides a comprehensive range of administrative services for the management of security and safe operations. The Security Assistant promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with SIF rules and regulations and Country security policies.
• Support the Logistics Coordinator in the planning, preparation and escort of the field projects.
• Submit Situational Reports (SITREP) to Logistics Coordinator and follow the standard operating procedures (SOPs), keeping up to date with accurate documentation.
• Conduct support services for any fleet management and logistics issues
• Keep the Logistics Department updated on fleet status and operational capability;
• Conduct security briefings for field missions and new staff members, as required;
• Assist Country Logistics Coordinator in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country/region of assignment;
• Assist in reporting security incidents affecting staff, offices and assets;
• Support the organization of training courses on security awareness and preparedness, providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members and to conduct security briefings, as required;
• Assist the Country Logistics Coordinator when conducting Residential/ New Office building Security Assessments, office safety and security preparedness;
• Assist the Country Logistics Coordinator in reviewing and following up on liaison and coordination requests with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
• Support with communications and liaison with UNDSS and other governmental Security Focal Points;
• Attend Security Cell meetings when required;
• Support the Country Logistics Coordinator when assessing security situation at the SIF country office and gathering of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation.
• Maintain and update the database/filing system of all relevant security information and lists (i.e. Security clearances, staff list, staff tracking, security inventory, security plans, protocols, SOPs, accident/incident reports, etc.);
• Maintain updated staff lists:
• Provide support in security evaluations;
• Provide and facilitate administrative and logistical support to the team as required by the support services team;
• Maintain routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
• Maintain a database on contact details in relation to host country security authorities;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Country Logistics Coordinator and Security Referent.
The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive, and it is evolving.