We are a reputable commodity trading and real-estate development corporation based in Karachi. With the growing business, we require a senior accountant to help us maintain our computerized accounting needs.
We are looking for services of a "Senior Accountant". Candidates with 5 years of work experience are encouraged to apply.
Accounting experience in a commodity based role and real-estate accounting is considered an asset.
Must be an expert in advanced Microsoft Suite products, specially Microsoft Excel (Filters, Pivot Tables, VBA/macros, V-look up, Dashboards) and full command of Accounting soft wares (Peachtree, QuickBooks) is a must.
The candidate must be familiar with manual accounting and all relevant international accounting standards.
The ideal candidate will be one who demonstrates good interpersonal skills and can act as a good trainer for new hires. Eventually we are looking to promote him to Head of Accounting and oversee financial aspects of all our corporate entities.
- Management of accounts receivable/accounts payable and regular reconciliations.
- Prepare month end and year-end Financial Statements.
- Preparing and filing individual and corporate taxes.
- Prepare and maintain general ledgers and trial balance.
- Maintain company payroll.
- Maintain corporate and personal bank accounts.
- Preparing bank reconciliations and cash reports.
- Handling all matters related to cash and checking accounts.
- Handling bank deposits/filing.
- Perform data entry and produce cash variances reports.
- Record daily petty cash expense.
- To prepare reconciliation of vendors, customers, banks etc.
- Prepare cash book / daily voucher and posting it into the system.
- Assistance in preparation of management reports.
- Train new accounting staff.
- Excellent communication skills with full command over written and spoken English.
- Ability to quickly and eagerly learn new things.
- A willingness to take responsibility of any work.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment.
- An ability to consistently meet deadlines even while running multiple projects.
- A collaborative approach to team work is considered an asset.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to personnel, company operations and financial matters