Terms of Reference
Training on “Enterprise Value Chain” and “Agriculture Value Chain”
MOJAZ Support Program (MSP) is a Section 42 Company registered with Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan. In addition to traditional microcredit services, MSP also provides non-financial services to its beneficiaries. MSP has presence in 4 districts of Punjab (Narowal, Sialkot, Sheikhupura and Muzzafargarh) with approximately 30,000 customers and 800 Million OLP. With the support of Pakistan Microfinance Investment Company, MSP is aiming to impart business development training for its clients/beneficiaries.
This consultancy will comprise of preparing the content/training materials as well as imparting training to 500 entrepreneurs and 500 farmers from the districts of Narowal and Sialkot during the period of 1st May, 2019 to 30th September, 2019. The administrative and operational arrangement will be made by MOJAZ Support Program.
2. Objective of the Training
· The aim of the enterprise value chain training is to improve participant’s techniques and skills on business development, skills enhancement, bookkeeping, financial literacy, handicrafts, and similar others.
· The aim of the farm as an enterprise model training is crop productivity enhancement for farmers, livestock management and dairy best practices for household members engaged in animal management, and business development/skill enhancement for clients engaged in managing small businesses.
The trainer expects to conduct this one day training for the 20 batches of clients (each batch will consist of 50 clients) during the period of 1st May, 2019 to 30th September, 2019.
v Materials Utilized
· Visual aids (PowerPoint, video, others);
· Printed materials (training book, handbooks, manuals, handouts);
· Exercise materials (instructions, props, etc).
The participants of the trainings will be 500 micro and low-end small enterprises, and 500 farmers and household members engaged in different occupations (enterprise, livestock, crop or any other).
3. Main Topics of Trainings
· Business development,
· Skills enhancement,
· Financial literacy,
· Handicrafts, and similar others
· Crop productivity enhancement for farmers,
· Livestock management and dairy best practices for household members engaged in animal management, and
· Business development/skill enhancement for clients engaged in managing small businesses.
4. Tasks and Objectives of the Trainer
Task 1: Develop Training Objectives, Content and Methodology
· In close coordination with the MSP coordinator, provide input and advice to determine overall objectives of course, key content areas and strategy and methodology for presentation
· Prepare draft agendas, course outlines and similar planning materials.
Task 2: Evaluate, Research and Gather Information
· Review online course training materials to evaluate whether they adequately cover the objectives of the course.
· Conduct research and gather materials from wide-ranging sources to ensure course content reflects the latest developments within the international community on the subject matter.
Task 3: Prepare Training Materials
· Based on materials gathered in task 2, prepare presentation material, including PowerPoint slides, audio-visual aids and lesson plans/lecture notes for each presentation.
· Based on materials gathered in task 3, prepare standard materials for participants, such as a training guidebook and/or binder with all related handouts and other materials.
· Assume responsibility for copying and assembling all course and related materials for participants and resource persons, and transporting these to the training location.
· Prepare other props and audio-visual aids.
· Prepare standard briefing kits for the presenters of each course topic.
Task 4: Design Interactive Exercises
· Design a range of realistic interactive exercises, including “hands-on” practice of skills, to support course content and objectives.
· Revise and update existing exercises and simulations as needed.
· Prepare instructions, role descriptions and other materials.
Task 5: Act as Lead Facilitator for the Course
· Ensure that administrative norms such as schedule, breaks, timeliness etc. are understood and adhered to.
· Ensure that the training sessions are linked together and integrated into a coherent whole.
· Coordinate day-to-day activities of the training, including briefing, supporting and coordinating other training resource persons and facilitators.
· Facilitate and run various exercises relating to the subject material.
· Facilitate and lead group discussions related to the training material.
· Establish and maintain a learning atmosphere characterized by intellectual inquiry and openness, mutual respect and fun.
Task 6: Act as Presenter/Subject Matter Expert as Needed
· In consultation with MSP staff, and in accordance with the facilitator’s skills and experience, be prepared to act as a presenter and provide subject matter expertise for certain topics.
· Provide subject matter expertise and input for other specific subjects in a supporting role.
Task 7: Submit Evaluation Report
· Submit an evaluation report upon completion of each training.
· The report should analyze and assess participant evaluations.
· The report should identify problem areas and make suggestions for improvement.
· The report should assess the training’s overall success in meeting objectives, and is considered an essential part of evaluating the curriculum and pedagogical approaches.
5. Responsibilities of the Contractor and MOJAZ Support Program
The selected company or individual will be responsible for:
· Identifying by name at least two individuals, a primary and secondary, to be focal persons responsible for the terms of reference above. Both persons should have the background, qualifications and skills required to accomplish these terms of reference, in terms of both facilitation skills and familiarity with the subject matter.
· Providing facilitators to conduct each workshop. (MSP reserves the right to specify which facilitator and whether one facilitator or two will be needed for the training, and to include a further co-facilitator arranged independently by the MSP if deemed appropriate. These details will be determined during the planning stage of each training with consultation occurring with the contractor at as early a stage as possible).
· Producing the training materials (color printing, copying and binding the manuals) and transporting of the manuals to the training location.
MSP will be responsible for the following:
· Identification of overall planning factors (anticipated trainings, dates, locations and facilitators needed) at the earliest stage possible.
· Determining overall course objectives (in consultation with the contractor).
· Determining course participation.
· Determining expert resource persons needed (in consultation with the contractor).
· Providing overall coordination and liaison among resource persons, partners and service providers (with contractor providing advice and support).
· Identifying suitable facilities for conducting the trainings (in consultation with the contractor).
· Specific timing and venue of each training will be determined in consultation with the contractor at the earliest stage possible.
· Making payments for meeting facilities. The selected contractor will not be responsible for payments to hotels and other training venues.
A. Development of two training manuals covering topics elaborated in point 3 above;
1) Enterprise Development
2) Farm Management and Dairy Management
B. Conducting one day training for 20 batches (each batch will consist of 50 clients) during the period of 1st May, 2019 to 30th September, 2019.
C. A comprehensive Training report to be submitted within 15 days following conclusion of the trainings.
Consultancy Firm or Individual Profile:
· Firm / individual consultant should be well versed with the subject and have experience of imparting/conducting similar trainings in last one year.
Other Terms and Conditions:
· MSP reserves the right to amend the requirements, cancel or postpone the recruitment, approve or reject any proposal without assigning any reason thereof.
· Technical and Financial Proposal should be submitted to the undersigned within 15 days of this publication.
we are dealing with uplifting poor people living stander by organizing seminars and awareness corner meetings on health and sociality.