· Generate employment opportunities for SEC students and alumni by establishing and maintaining productive employer partnerships.
· Collaborate and promote Career Planning services through in-class presentations, student organization outreach, New Student Orientation and in concert with college support services.
· Market Career Planning services and programs to business and industry, as well as non-profits and internal constituencies, by developing programs, targeting mailings and e-mailings, attending promotional events, presenting information and workshops at various business functions, and through involvement in business associations such as the Chamber of Commerce. Aggressively contact businesses and industries in the SEC’s service area to develop partnerships and placements.
· Help students identify employment options that match their career interests. Assist students in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals.
· Schedule and follow up on student interviews with prospective employers.
· Orient students and alumni to Career Planning’s online career management system to assist their obtaining employment.
· Participate in coordination and organization of on-campus events such as the annual Career and Internship job fair.
· Ensure that new jobs and internships are submitted and posted in career management system. Assist in publicizing job placement and internship opportunities to the SEC community.
· Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with academic departments and all SEC stakeholders.
· Actively recruit students from all curriculum areas for the Cooperative Work Experience
· Identify the number and types of positions needed by SEC Cooperative Work Experience and secure experiential opportunities with employers.
· Contact business and industry to develop reciprocally beneficial partnerships for jobs, internships and job shadowing opportunities.
· Assist employers in advertising job opportunities through SEC’s on-line jobs posting platform
· Develop an active on-campus business and industry presence. Schedule and advertise campus recruitment for employers.
· Assist with maintaining employer database(s). Maintain student files as needed. Submit monthly report.
· Provide targeted career information and resources for specific majors and interest groups to students, alumni, faculty, and staff as needed.
· Work with outside organizations, the Financial Aid Offices and work-study students to set up written off-campus partnerships and facilitate hiring paperwork.
· Participate in the planning of new experiential learning programs in all SEC curricula.
· Attend seminars and other training opportunities for professional development.
· Other related duties as assigned.
SHAFI EDUCATIONAL COMPLEX Karachi is a non-profit organisation that provides services to people living with scarce resources for education. To be a catalyst for Human Resource Development and economic growth of society by providing quality technical and vocational education. At SEC, we are committed ...Read More