Personal assistants work closely with senior members of staff (usually senior managers or directors) helping them to manage their workload, organise their day and free up their time by providing administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis. PAs normally have an in-depth knowledge of the organisation and perform a variety of tasks depending on the employing organisation.
- Screening phone calls and dealing with enquiries where appropriate
- Making appointments and planning their manager’s diary
- Organising and attending meetings; sometimes taking minutes and ensuring their manager is well-prepared for meetings
- Replying to emails, faxes and post
- Assisting with projects their manager might be working on by researching or writing reports
- Organising and maintaining office systems
- Standing in for their manager in their absence.