Purpose of the Position
M&E Officer is responsible for preparing the M&E strategy and working to improve specific monitoring and evaluation tools, analysis of information collected, and ensure consistent M&E throughout the project. The M&E Officer liaises with Field coordinator to ensure that the cross-cutting issues of gender, protection, learning and accountability to beneficiaries are addressed in monitoring & evaluation plans. The M&E Officer reports to and works under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
The specific responsibilities of the M&E Officer are:
- M&E Technical Support: The M&E Officer supports the Field coordinator as well as conducting evaluations (e.g. KAP surveys and final outcome assessment) or assisting in evaluation teams. Assist, develop, and implement standards and guidelines for the M&E practice. Evaluate and monitor the outcome of the related activities in the respective school based disaster risk management project in Peshawar.
- Coordination and Communication: To support the Field Coordinator in coordination with the, respective implementing partners, local government, civil society organizations and other agencies in the project area to ensure the full integration of the IP activities in Peshawar.
- Administration & Logistic Management: to support the smooth functioning of all programme related administration, logistic and transport in coordination with the respective partners and agencies and especially with the Head of Office and support team in Islamabad and if required in the field.
- Reporting: to prepare monthly progress reports and ensure adherence to a regular internal reporting structure. To ensure that all preparation of regular and final reports to donors, government ministries and headquarters are done on time in consultation with Field Coordinator.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: to establish, manage and implement monitoring and evaluation systems for the activities of the implementing partners- and to train the respective partners staff in this regard and monitor and evaluate the activities according to the set resources and respective budget.
- Assessments and Surveys: Support the field teams in conducting and evaluating assessments and different surveys according to the IP need and the programme requirements. All assessments and surveys have to be conducted on a standardized manner and according to the regulations of IP.
In addition to the laid out work domain, the M&E Officer will be responsible to fulfil any additional duties assigned by the Project Manager.