The Role: Data Associate, Financial Institution Group, Data Journalism
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: You will join a dynamic team in the newsroom to help foster our goal of providing data-driven coverage of the sector around the globe. We are looking for an upbeat and self-starting individual passionate about the complexities of the industry. You will provide our discerning readership with the news and analysis they need to excel at their jobs.
The Impact: Our digital newsroom is dedicated to delivering readers actionable news on financial markets around the world. You will work closely with editors and reporters focused on the financial markets beat to conduct current events and trend analysis using our collected data.
What’s in it for you: In addition to building knowledge and expertise about global financial markets, you will be able to generate stories about a range of topics related to Banking, Demographics, Branches, mergers and acquisition activity, market rates, ESG-issues, equities, and more.
The position requires strong analytical, research, communication and report writing skills. Your primary responsibility will be to write insightful data-driven features and reports on the Banking Industry. You are expected to have a high level of engagement in brainstorming sessions and will be tasked with generating new executable ideas that highlight interesting trends in their assigned regions.
Strong verbal communication skills are required for this role as you will be responsible for conducting webinars and trainings from time to time.
- You will cover breaking news or trend analysis using S&P-collected and third party data
- You will carry out analysis to produce insightful features and data-driven analytical trends
- Collaborating with other data journalists, reporters, and editors on data-driven coverage
- Educating the broader newsroom on how to use S&P's best in class data within day-to-day news coverage
- Articulating key financial and market trends; Collating data and writing data-driven articles and reports on assigned regions falls under the preview of this job
- Fact-checking data for articles
- Addressing external publication-related/research queries
- Working with internal partners on product improvement initiatives
- Collaborating with various SPGMI teams on ad-hoc projects
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Highly developed analytical, research and problem solving skills
- High level of energy, unwavering attention to quality; ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete tasks autonomously
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, journalism or related disciplines
- Enrollment in the CFA program is desirable
- Prior knowledge of the banking sector and data journalism would be an asset
- Internship experience in finance, accounting, or related field
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Previous professional experience with data journalism
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.