The Role: Data Associate, Real Estate Data Journalism
The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: You will join a dynamic team in the newsroom to help foster our goal of providing data-focused coverage of the real estate sector around the globe. We are looking for an upbeat and self-starting individual passionate about the complexities of the industry. You will provide our discerning readership with the news and analysis they need to excel at their jobs.
The Impact: Our digital newsroom is dedicated to delivering readers actionable news on financial markets around the world. You will work closely with editors and reporters focused on the real estate sector to conduct current events and trend analysis using our collected data.
What’s in it for you: In addition to building knowledge and expertise about global real estate companies, you will be able to generate stories about a range of topics related to real estate investment trusts, property transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets activity, and more. The position requires strong analytical, research, communication and report writing skills. Your primary responsibility will be to write insightful data-focused features and reports. You are expected to have an increased level of engagement in brainstorming sessions and will be tasked with generating new executable ideas that highlight interesting trends in their assigned regions.
Strong verbal interpersonal skills are required for this role as you will be responsible for conducting webinars and trainings from time to time.
- You will cover breaking news or trend analysis using S&P-collected and third party data
- You will carry out analysis to produce insightful features and data-focused analytical trends
- Collaborating with other data journalists, reporters, and editors on data-focused coverage
- Educating the broader newsroom on how to use S&P's best in class data within day-to-day news coverage
- Articulating key financial and market trends; Collating data and writing data-focused articles and reports on assigned regions falls under the preview of this job
- Fact-checking data for articles
- Addressing external publication-related/research queries
- Working with internal partners on product improvement initiatives
- Collaborating with various SPGMI teams on ad-hoc projects
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skillsHighly developed analytical, research and problem solving skills
- High level of energy, unwavering attention to quality; ability to juggle multiple priorities and complete tasks autonomously
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Journalism or related disciplines
- Enrollment in the CFA program is desirable
- Prior knowledge of the real estate industry or data journalism would be an asset
- Internship experience in finance, accounting, or related discipline
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, real estate analysis, or reporting of financial data.
- Previous professional experience with data journalism
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.