The Role: Data Researcher - Energy & Commodities
The Location: This position is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Work Shift: This is evening shift position. You should be flexible to work on any other shift depending on business requirement.
The Team: The team provides unparalleled support by showcasing vast knowledge about our tools, our data, and the Energy & Commodities industry. The team is a global team with presence in the US, Pakistan & Philippines. Every single day, we utilize premier subject-matter expertise and analysis derived from our industry-leading energy information platform to bring clients independent, customized research.
The Impact: As the automation team working on Energy & Commodities data set, you will have a strong impact on our clients’ opinion of the quality of the company as a whole. You will closely work with the technical teams to provide a lot of insights to the data inflow. We also ensure there are no data leakages. You will drive strength in our ability to provide unmatched expertise in this growing industry. We, as a team brings a critical, independent perspective stemming from deep knowledge of energy markets, and an extensive database covering the financial, operational and market aspects of energy sector.
What’s in it for you:
- You will develop industry knowledge by working with our variant client base at various financial institutions, consultants, government organizations and universities.
- You will improve technical expertise with software programs such as MS Excel, SQL & Python.
- You will work closely with industry guides from around the world, which will help promote your development and professional growth.
- You are going to be a part of a results-focused meritocracy. We set high standards and value accountability. We seek to identify and reward high-end performance with growth opportunities.
- You will be a primary point of contact for providing critical research and valuable knowledge to our clientele at different companies primarily in US, and across the globe, through calls, e-mails and web-chat.
- You will share client ideas and feedback to our content and product management teams, to help improve the quality and accuracy of our database and products.
- You get to work with senior associates on projects and develop subject matter expertise in different sectors of the Energy industry: natural gas, power, coal.
- You will directly work with scrum teams to ensure precise data inflow of Energy & Commodities.
- Participate in user acceptance testing efforts within area of focus to ensure that products meet the highest standard for client experience.
- Test new functionality on the product platform and approach our end-user platform in a client-focused manner with suggestions for platform improvements
What we’re looking for?:
Are you someone who enjoy monitoring and evaluation? Do you find yourself to think critically and resolve problems? Do you possess below basic qualifications to fit into this role?
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and some hands on experience of SQL
- Basic knowledge of Python (for occasional coding)
- Enthusiastic and capable of multitasking effectively
- Possess strong attention-to-detail and can independently conduct due diligence for research
- Team-player with tight-knit teamwork skills
- Flexible to change in a dynamic environment
- Provide and accept constructive feedback
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.