The Role: DevOps Engineer
The Location: This role is based in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The Team: The Data, Technology & Innovation (DTI) team is a creative team of experts collaborating across divisions and driving continuous improvements in platform innovation and usability. We are looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Platforms & Engineering Enablement team supporting DevOps Platform. DevOps platform consists of Azure DevOps & Jenkins based CI/CD Pipelines; Continuous Testing Framework and Docker/Kubernetes based Container Platform. The Container platform is hosted in our on-premise data centers as well as in the cloud (hybrid & multi-cloud). Our cloud is sourced by multiple Cloud Service Providers including AWS, Azure and Alibaba.
The Impact: You would help accelerate our growth as part of DevOps team. This is an excellent opportunity to join S&P Global as we
What's in it for you: You will enjoy working with financial services technologists and partners and transform our infrastructure and move into the cloud, while also developing your skills and furthering your career as we plan to power the markets of the future. You will have develop a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for a diverse and challenging set of customers and partners.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Have a strong understanding of large-scale cloud computing solutions including setting up and configuring Container platform and building CI/CD Pipelines.
- Have past experience working with AWS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Ansible and Prometheus or related cloud technologies.
- Have good understanding of single, hybrid and multi-cloud architecture with preferably hands-on experience.
- Have hands-on experience of integrating apps and data across various environments.
- Have excellent communication and troubleshooting skills.
- Have ability to present solution of complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Have passion to learn new technologies and grow with team.
- Work together with various domestic and overseas teams across the organization ensuring our DevOps platform is reliable, operational, performant, and meets business requirements as well as committed SLA.
- Setup, configure and monitor CI/CD Pipelines and Container platform using automation and re-usable templates.
- Assist in building re-usable templates and best practices documents for quick onboarding applications onto the DevOps platform.
- Conduct routine maintenance work for smooth operation with guaranteed uptime.
- Onboard applications onto the DevOps platform as demands come.
- Assist various DEV and QA teams during their development and testing following the guidelines provided.
- Work closely with supervisor/manager in day-to-day operation activities.
- Conduct and/or assist in conducting regular capacity analysis and POCs.
- Develop and maintain the platform automation tools, dashboard and utilities (Java, .NET C#, shell scripting, python etc.).
- Provide support for Production, DR and lower environments making sure platform is stable and highly available.
What we’re looking for:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or in equivalent discipline is required.
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience managing platform and/or infrastructure.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in any industry leading container platform such as Docker Enterprise or Kubernetes is required.
- Proficient with modern DevOps tools including Jenkins and Azure DevOps (VSTS) based CI/CD pipelines.
- Hands-on knowledge or experience of AWS is a plus.
- Understands well PaaS concepts and SOA including Service abstraction, System Integration, Reusable Designs, etc.
- Some knowledge in managing and administrating Container platform and Application Servers / Appliance such as WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, Nginx etc.
- Strong experience on application deployment and monitoring. Experience with Prometheus or similar tools is preferable.
- Good hands-on experience with Linux/Unix and Windows OS.
- Have experience on production support and managing/administrating platforms or orchestration of Container platform;
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills;
- Detail-oriented and a good team player;
- Willing to work providing support coverage for extended hours on rotation basis;
- Willing to learn new technology and acquire new skills.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.