Segment: S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Location: PK, IN, Virtual
About S&P Global Market Intelligence product
S&P Global Market Intelligence encompasses a powerful suite of cross-asset analytics, integrated desktop services, securities valuations, and investment research and recommendations across a wide spectrum of the world’s major markets. Its unique intellectual property delivers a breadth and depth of solutions that support clients in their work to generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
The Team: You will be joining a highly talented core team of Site Reliability Engineers at S&P Global Market Intelligence Data Delivery Team.
We are a tight-knit team responsible for ensuring that our many production systems deliver quality products in accordance with contractual timelines.
What’s in it for you:
• You will be part of the SRE Team for MI Data Delivery Engineering and will be assisting multiple development teams
• Full filling several application teams’ requirements by deploying end-to-end CI/CD pipeline setup on cloud infrastructure.
• Migrate the legacy applications from on-premises to AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Identify and Automate BAU toil
• Improve reliability, scalability, quality, and observability for multiple data delivery applications
• Ensure service level objectives through proactive monitoring, custom tooling, and on-call support/troubleshooting for all data delivery systems/products.
• Overseeing the transfer of data from traditional to cloud-based services
• Experience with understanding business proposals and transforming them into technical solutions.
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Creating production and migration schedules for large projects with timelines/milestones
• Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation, and custom scripting to extend the AWS services.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce human intervention time on tasks.
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Provide 3rd-level support for AWS infrastructure.
• Increase alerting & monitoring quality, Reduce Alarm noise, and Increase Observability Gaps
• Optimize Cloud Costing and analyze Capacity Planning
• Reduce Operations exposure, Increase the pace of incidents recovery, and Implement Resiliency and remediation plans
• Identifying and correcting problems stemming from audit and compliance.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• 7+ years of proven work experience as an SRE or DevOps role within companies that provide critical, high-availability services
• 7+ years of system & solutions engineering, software development, or system operations background with 5+ years of proven work experience as an SRE or DevOps role within companies that provide critical, high-availability services.
• Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Terraform, CFT with Ansible, Rundeck, Autosys, Jenkins, Datadog & other industry-recognized tools to deliver Infrastructure as Code
• Experience working with the Rundeck tool (Design, Setup, Deployment, Automation & Integration)
• Experience in Configuring AutoSys Workload Automation and managing Job Scheduler, Event Server, and Application Server
• 5+ years of experience in AWS cloud infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data.
• Experience in Implementing technical roadmaps, project plans, requirements, and designs in AWS technologies: VPC, EC2, EKS, ELB, RDS, Lambda, SES, SNS, Containers, etc.
• Good conceptual understanding & knowledge of virtualization & container-based technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, and Virtual Box.
• Working knowledge of Load balancers such as F5, ALB, ELB, etc.
• Experience with any identity management systems such as (SAML/OAuth/OIDC), MFA, etc.
• Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, key management, encryption, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
• Experience with one or more RDBMS Knowledge SQL Server is a plus.
• CI/CD delivery using code and configuration management automation tools such as GitHub, VSTS, Ansible, DSC, Puppet, Ambari, Chef, Salt, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
• Delivery using modern methodologies especially SAFE Agile, Lean, etc.
• Experience with monitoring solutions, such as AWS CloudWatch, ELK, etc.
• Experience working with large-scale IT projects related to design, deployment, and configuration.
• Experience with containers, such as with Kubernetes, Container, Docker, or any OCI runtimes.
• Certified Cloud Professional (AWS Solutions Architects, DevOps, System)
• Experience with scalable networking technologies, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, App acceleration, Load Balancers, DNS, virtual private networks and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
• Experience in Performance tuning OS (Linux & Wintel), JVM
• Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog, AppDynamics, SolarWinds, Splunk, and Nagios
• Experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
• Experience Developing a keen understanding of the systems environment, dependencies, data flows, databases, and how the products are produced
• Second-line on-call support, researching and analyzing issues, figuring out corrective actions, and coordinating and communicating with involved parties.
• Experience Working with and coordinating activities of IT development, Data Operations, Technical Engineering, and Product Management groups on day-to-day activities to ensure the integrity of the production systems
• Ability to profile, analyze, and identify problem areas of a production system.
• Work with the above-mentioned groups to ensure efficient smooth implementations and ongoing support of new production systems.
• Development of defect corrections, production efficiencies, and product enhancements.
• Develop and Maintain SRE runbooks
• Strong understanding of SLO, SLI, Error Budgets, and their implementation into SRE areas
• Weekend, night, and holiday second-level on-call work scheduled on a rotating basis.
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to set direction and work individually, while working as part of a team towards a common goal.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• AWS Certified Solution Architect – Professional
• Great attitude to learning, respect for fellow employees, thinking out of the box and respectfully challenging ideas & hungry for innovation.
• Good Leadership skills capable of leading a team.
• Good communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Have a software-centric mindset and can understand the full software stack – and beyond.
• Embrace automation over manual effort
• Experience debugging complex problems and view problems as an opportunity to improve
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
• Experience working in enterprise-scale internal or customer-centric projects to completion, architecting technical solutions, and working closely with development & engineering teams.
• Provide attention to detail to design, problems, KPI’s, demonstrate the ability to stay focused during critical production events, and champion resolutions.
• Be able to gel in with the companies’ culture and effectively collaborate with other technology & business stakeholders.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.